Wednesday, December 17th, 2008

Nail Trends: Chanel Goes Purple for Spring 09

Chanel Vendetta Nail Polish

With all the co-motion from the hot new Moscou collection, this little guy was just screamin' to get noticed!  And, darnit I took notice!

For Spring, Chanel introduces two new nail polishes - Django, pinkish peach shimmer and Vendetta, a blue purple with blue and pink shimmer.

Chanel's promo images of Vednetta appeared to be basically a Blurple (Blue + Purple).  So, I wouldn't quite classify Vendetta as a true Blurple like say, OPI's Play til Midnight and neither a "true purple" because there's definitely blue in there.   Did I confuse ya yet?  Colors can be so confusing sometimes, yet so fun!

So, is it dupeable?  Probably.  I have to sort through my Purple's which may take some time considering there's about 300 of them.  And I'm not exaggerating with that number.  Purple is a shade I just can't resist, obviously! lol

Chanel New Purple Nail Polish Vendetta

Bottom Line - Vendetta is hot!  After wearing it whole day, I felt - well chanely.  Because after all, Chanel's nail polish is probably the closest thing to feeling rich and luxurious without breaking my bank.  And, Honestly I think that's why alot of us love the polish so much.  It's Chanel for cryin' out loud!

Have a good night peeps!  Any takers?

Vampy Varnish said on Dec 17th, 2008 10:14 am
I love this one! WHEN does it come out? I just ordered two of the Moscow ones, the gold and blue. The gold one looks very olive green-y, which is my fav, so I am super excited!

Steph said on Dec 17th, 2008 11:25 am
I really love this one too! The spring collections should be hitting makeup counters soon - I'd call your local one first. But, in the meantime this should be available online. I ordered mine at the boutique in Chicago along with my Moscou's. :)

Sarah Tea said on Dec 18th, 2008 5:15 am
Hi, I'm a new reader here. :) I just wanted to say thanks so much for your pics/coverage on this color. I am a crazy purple nail polish fanatic and I have been waiting forever for Chanel to come out with a purple and this looks like the purple of my dreams! I just ordered one and it should be here by X-mas! woo! I might need a back-up!

Steph said on Dec 18th, 2008 8:17 am
Hi Sarah, Thanks so much for stopping by! So glad you found your way here :) I'm also a purple nail polish fanatic - just can't say NO! lol It's about time Chanel expand their horizons :)

katee said on Dec 18th, 2008 11:01 am
I am on the fence about this one. It looks so pretty but I never end up wearing any of the purples that I have unless they are vampy. And this one isn't really vampy. I think once I file my nails down a bit I'll warm up to this color :)

hotlilmama said on Dec 18th, 2008 12:59 pm
I love this. your pics pushed me over the edge! I am buying it today. found it at a local counter.

Jessica said on Dec 29th, 2008 8:11 am
Oooh. Another purple item to file under "LOVE." xo, Jessica

missrayz said on Jan 1st, 2009 11:52 am
Bought this just before x-mas. Nice color, a tad darker than what I was hoping for/expecting, but still a great purple. Anyone who is a purple lover will adore it!

Laura said on Feb 12th, 2009 2:18 am
I'd love to see what dupeables you came up with for this color! :)

Steph said on Feb 12th, 2009 3:54 am
That's a great idea Laura! I'll post some alternatives in the next couple days :)

Bella said on Mar 31st, 2009 7:41 am
This color is hot! LOVE IT!!

dawn said on Jun 11th, 2009 6:00 am
I love this colour and its look great on your toenails too especially with your gladiator sandals

Katie said on Aug 3rd, 2009 4:51 pm
I like how this polish looks in your pictures. But, when I paint my nails, it comes out really dark, almost black-ish. How did you get it so light and shimmery?

Comments