Wednesday, December 24th, 2008

New Line: NYC introduces quick dry nail polish

NYC New York Color in a Minute

Out with the old and in with the new is NYC's resolution.  You may have noticed stores clearing out the NYC glossies only to make room for these hip new colors.  I've seen that Meijer and some other stores have marked down the glossies to clearance.  Make sure you take advantage of those clearance items and stock up because their bye, bye, bye!

Details: NYC introduces a quick drying nail polish in under 60 seconds called, New York color in a minute.  A vast variety of 24 new colorful shades and one clear fast dry topcoat.

Overall, these are fab.  Most colors are exceptionally pigmented and only requires two coats with the exception of a few lighter shades.  The variety of colors are endless and priced at $1.99 is a steal.

Who has time to sit and wait around for polish to dry?  I certainly don't.  That's why these are perfect for me.  A quick drying polish that stays put for days.

The nail polish names represent street and popular places you'll see in New York City.

NYC Chelsea Nail Polish

NYC Chelsea red nail polish

Chelsea (first two pics above) 228B - deep candy apple shimmer.  Two coats, no topcoat.

NYC new york color in a minute

Lincoln Center 232B - dark burgandy red-brown creme.  Two coats, no topcoat.

NYC Manhattan Nail Polish

New* Just Added  Manhattan 248B - a deep burgandy magenta-purple creme that could be Lincoln Center's cous.

NYC Burgandy Comparions

New* Just Added  It was hard capturing the true colors of both these shades.  Manhattan is much prettier with the magenta purplish undertones.

NYC Canal Street Nail Polish

Canal Street 220B - a dark brown red shimmer. Two coats, no topcoat.

NYC Broadway Nail Polish

New* Just Added  Broadway 238B- a red- brown cinnamon with red, gold and silver micro shimmer. Two coats.  No topcoat.

NYC Fifth Ave Nail Polish

Fifth Avenue 218B (above) - a rusty copper orange shimmer.  Two coats, no topcoat.

NYC New york color in a minute

Mulberry Street 212B - a white sand beige with shimmer.  Coverage was really good for light toned shade.  You could even get away with two coats on this one.  Swatch (above) three coats, no topcoat.

Update: After wearing this Creme Bruele shade (Mulberry Street) a few times, I ended up really liking it.  Possibly a mix between NYC's Little Italy and Bryant Park into a shimmer version.

NYC Little Italy Nail Polish Swatch

Little Italy - A crisp white or french white creme.  It's really hard to find a white opaque shade and sometimes I even resort to a french white such as Little Italy.  Swatch (above) two coats, no topcoat.

NYC Wall Street Nail Polish

New* Just Added   Wall Street 234B - a mid tone pink with shimmer.  Three coats no topcoat.

NYC Soho Nail Polish swatch

NYC Nail Polish in Soho

Soho 222B - A light pink feminine shade with shimmer.  Three coats, no topcoat.

NYC Uptown Nail Polish

New* Just Added   Uptown 242B - a barbie pink with shimmer.

NYC Pink Nail Polish Comparisons

New* Just Added   Here are some pink comparisons from the NYC line. Uptown is my favorite out of the three.

NYC Bryant Park Nail Polish

Bryant Park 214B - a much lighter version of OPI's Charmed by a snake.  Described as a sand color beige with shimmer.  Bryant Park kinda blended in with my skintone.  Meh for me, but pretty on someone else.   Two coats, no topcoat.

NYC Park Ave Nail Polish

Lilace Duochrome Nail polish

New* Just Added   Park Avenue (two pics above) 246B - a unique duochrome shade that switches between taupe, lilac and pink.  Three coats.  No topcoat.

NYC Central Park Nail Polish

Central Park 216B - a light peach shimmer with some pink undertones.

NYC Midtown Nail Polish

New* Just Added   Midtown 240B - a vibrant hot pink with blueish-purple shimmer.

NYC Downtown Nail Polish Swatches

New* Just Added   Downtown 244B - a dusty pomegranate pink creme.

NYC Times Square Nail Polish

Times Square 224B - Perhaps the brighest color from this collection.  A bright coral with hints of tomato red creme.  Although my pictures may look tomato orange, Times Square also has distinct hints of coral pink.

NYC Penn Station Nail Polish

NYC Penn Station Polish

Penn Sation (two pics above) 230B - a magenta pink-red with shimmer.

NYC East Village Nail Polish

New York color East Village

East Village (two pics above) 206B - Turquoise blue shimmer that was somewhat sheer.  Three coats to acheive bottle color.  Swatch (above) Three coats, no topcoat.

NYC West Village Nail Polish

West Village 204B - a navy blue base wiith pink and purple shimmer. Maybe not the most unique, but very pretty.  Two coats, no topcoat.

NYC new york color in a minute Chinatown nail polish

NYC Chinatown nail polish swatch

Chinatown (two pics above) 210B - Saving the best for last.  Not quite black but not quite purple.  A unique ink  colored shade loaded with some duochrome micro shimmer that looks blue, silver, and mint green at different angles.  It was hard distinguishing the colors.  Talk about gorgeous, whoa!  I highly recommend Chinatown - a definite must have from this collection.

The NYC New York in a mintue quick dry is going to be a permanent line and should be hitting stores in the next couple weeks which retails for $1.89/ea.  So, get on over there and pick you up some Chinatown.

Gayle said on Dec 25th, 2008 1:14 am
Im really lovin' Chinatown and Canal Street, heck for $1.89, I can LOVE them all!!

vanessa martinez said on Dec 28th, 2008 12:24 pm
Not even 2 buks? shut up!!! Wow..do they last ...okay? I've tired one of their polishes in the past and blah! I didn't like it lol

Steph said on Jan 6th, 2009 4:18 am
Their actually pretty nice with good coverage. Two must have shades are Chinatown and West Village. But, like Gayle said, heck for $1.89 you can love them all! :)

Janey said on Jan 17th, 2009 4:57 am
wow! what store did you happen to buy yours from? i'm disappointed that the stores here in my city haven't updated their stock yet! :(

Steph said on Jan 18th, 2009 8:13 am
Hi Janey, The only places I've seen these so far is Meijer and Target. I'm sure they'll start surfacing at the others soon :)

gayle said on Jan 24th, 2009 4:37 am
i just found them at longs this morning. they had a display with 2 of each color....

Steph said on Jan 24th, 2009 7:40 am
oooh, Thanks Gayle for this info :)

Jennifer said on Jan 25th, 2009 8:26 am
I found some at WinCo! I got chinatown, east village and lincoln center! They're delightful!

A said on Apr 1st, 2009 6:42 am
I love NYC lipsticks. But I really don't like their French White Tip. I have not tried any of the other products. Not even single store in Pleasanton, CA has all the NYC nail colors. I hate them all. Today, before giving up, I will go to Target and check. I own Mulberry Street and Canal Street. I love them both. Thanks a lot for the swatches.

Aileen said on Apr 16th, 2009 3:16 am
Wow, thanks for posting the swatches:) I've used NYC nail polish before, and for me at least the colors were brilliant but they always seemed to smudge/have a hard time going on even--but not anymore! I went to walmart to check these out, and there really is a difference. The quick-drying part is awesome, and the extra cents (just a bit I know:P) seem to make a difference. Anyways, I got Penn Street (much more raspberry pink in real life) & Mulberry Street, and am planning on getting Little Italy, Chinatown & Bryant Park the next time I head down there!!

Dani said on Jan 19th, 2011 12:48 pm
I LOVE all of these nail polishes. I bought Manhattan months back and I fell in LOVE with it. I also have Park Ave but mine is VERY different than your swatch, see:

Steph said on Feb 1st, 2011 3:03 pm
Hi Dani!
Lovely nails! That's actually one of the newly updated colors, and I prefer it so much better! :)

Comments