Sunday, January 11th, 2009

Swatches Galore: Hot Topic Nail Polish

Hot Topic Nail Polish Collection

Since I've been talking about Hot Topic so much latley, I figured now would be a perfect time to post all my nail polish swatches.  Just a warning to ya'll -  pic spam galore here.  You'll probably find yourself scrolling and scrolling.  Sorry Chicas.

I'm going to brief you guys real fast so you can get down to the good stuff.

Price: $2.99 or cheaper, if you can spot any on clearance.  Those discount bins are seperate from the nail polishes, so check around or ask sales associate.  Most colors are available at Hot Topic stores usually located in Malls and some online.  You'll find more of an color selection at the actual shops.

Quality.  Here's some of my descripencies I have with Hot Topic's quality.  The awkward brush size and overall construction makes it a little hard to navigate on your nails.  Some formulas I find rather thick and others are just fine.  If you run into a thick formula, no worries.  All it takes is a drop or two of thinner such as Seche thinner Restore.  Guys, don't be afraid of thinner.  It's, so easy.

One of my blogger friends, Scrangie also has love for Seche Restore.  Click here to check out a great instructional she posted on how to repair your nail polish.

Bottom Line:  I'll deal with the formula & brush because the colors are kick ass.  Plain and simple!

Hot Topic Nail Polish

Muted Gray - A stormy blue gray creme.

Hot Topic Comrad Green Nail Polish

Comrad Green - A great alternative to Rescue Beauty Lounge's, No More War.  Army green olive creme tht applied glossy.

Hot Topic Kelly Green Nail Polish

Kelly Green surely speaks for itself.  A great alternative for Nars Zulu and Rescue Beauty Lounge's green.  A must have color for me.

Hot Topic Nail Polish

Kelly Green

Hot Topic Pastel Pink Polish

Pastel Pink Iridescent - a pastel pink with blueish purple iridescent shimmer.  The snapshot in the picture is accurate.  Three coats to achieve bottle color.

Hot Topic Pastel Purple Polish

Pastel Purple Iridescent - a pastel purple with pinkish gold iridescent shimmer.  Three coats to achieve bottle color.

Hot Topic Bright Turquoise Swatches

Bright Turquoise - a bright turquoise creme that dried to a satin like finish.  You'll need a top coat if you desire a glossy finish.

Hot Topic Bright Purple Polish

Bright Purple - a bright purple creme that dries to a satin just like bright turquoise.

Hot Topic Dark Pink Polish

Dark Pink - Dark Pink Fuschia creme that applied to a satin like finish.  You'll need a topcoat if you desire a glossy finish.

Hot Topic Midnight Purple Polish

Midnight Purple - a purple blue creme that sways towards an "ink" colored tone.  Very Vampy. Love this.

Hot Topic Chocolate Brown Nail Polish

Chocolate Brown - a dark chocolate creme that applied glossy.

Hot Topic Silver Polish

Silver Glitter - an opaque silver metallic foil type glitter polish.

Hot Topic Black Glitter Polish

Black Glitter - a black base loaded with silver glitter.

Hot Topic Black Nail Polish

Black Glitter

Hot Topic Red Glitter Swatches

Red Glitter - light red based with silver and red glitter.  You'll need three coats to achieve bottle color.

Hot Topic Red Glitter Nail Polish

Red Glitter

Hot Topic Turquoise Glitter Nail Polish

Turquoise Glitter - a light turquoise base with blue and silver glitter.  Three coats to achieve bottle color.

Hot Topic Nail Polish Swatches

Turquoise Glitter

Hot Topic Blue Irisdescent Nail Polish

Blue Iridescent - navy blue based with matching and aqua blue glitter.  A must have color.

Hot Topic Blue Irisdescent Polish

Blue Iridescent

Hot Topic Purple Iridescent Polish

Purple Iridescent - a purple based with purple and blue glitter.  Another must have color.

Hot Topic Purple Nail Polish

Purple Iridescent

Hot Topic Trq Hot Pink Chunky Glitter

Blue and Pink Glitter Nail Polish

*New Trq/Ht Pnk Chunky - OMG Hot Topic gives birth to a Glitter this Spring!  A gorgeous chunky hot pink and turquoise blue glitter.  The base is clear like RBL's and takes a good three to four coats for bottle color.  Well worth the hassle!

Tags: hot topic, nail polish, swatches

Posted by Steph at 03:53:am
views / 17 comments

Katee (e-polishblog) said on Jan 11th, 2009 4:34 am
I need blue and purple iridescent! Love!

Steph said on Jan 11th, 2009 10:12 am
Katee, You DEF need those! Both are super hot! :)

Tessi said on Jan 12th, 2009 10:24 am
I like the Kelly Green shade. There is something so stunning about a dark green polish, it tickles my fancy!

Scrangie said on Jan 12th, 2009 4:03 am
AWESOME! Thank you for posting these :) I have abunch of these, but now I see a few that I *need*! Muted Grey, Comrad Green *faint* Your swatches rock :)

kia said on Jan 13th, 2009 4:33 am
ok steph, i ended up with blue and purple iridescence and black glitter. i wish i would have seen more glitters and the gray, greens and pastel purple iridescence =p great swatches!!! thanks so much!

Steph said on Jan 14th, 2009 9:44 am
Tessi, I'm with you. Kelly Green has to be my absolute favorite! Scrangie, Thanks girl!! You def need those two! Espically the Gray :) Kia, Aww, thanks! How do you like the purple and blue? Their stunning, aren't they?

Jinnzor said on Jan 16th, 2009 3:56 am
Those are beautiful. Love the greens, the chocolate brown, and the glitters!

Haley said on Jan 18th, 2009 2:38 am
Oh my. Oh need all of them..

Steph said on Jan 19th, 2009 7:34 am
Whoa. *runs to Hot Topic*

M@DI said on Mar 16th, 2009 12:25 pm
looks like i'll be making a trip to HOT TOPIC. they're all awesome!

Brookiebaby0506 said on Mar 16th, 2009 10:07 am
I have some hot topics, but I have yet to use them, looks like i need to remedy that quickly!! Great swatches!

Lucy said on Mar 16th, 2009 12:10 pm
The grey, kelly green, bright turquoise, glitters. Oh crap, I need them all!!!!

Sanna said on Mar 16th, 2009 5:53 am
OMG gorgeousness! Sad that they're hard to get in/to Sweden.

MoLo said on Mar 24th, 2009 5:15 am
When did you get the blue iridescent? I've been to several different Hot Topics in the last month and haven't seen it :( It's not even online!

Arrianne said on Dec 16th, 2009 10:12 am
Gaah, your swatches are so great! I think they come in close behind Scrangie\'s as far as I\'m concerned. Some of the most color accurate and nice looking swatches out there.

brittney said on Feb 27th, 2011 2:34 am
I hate there nail polishes I have 3 of them i'll swap with u for them or give u them for free I hate them -.-

Mo said on Aug 22nd, 2011 8:29 am
I love their nail polish!!! It's the brightest nail polish I've managed to find, especially for the price :) Right now I have purple iridescent, green blacklight, bright purple, orange, fuschia, and bright turquoise, but every time I stop at HT I pick up a new one :P

Comments