Wednesday, January 28th, 2009

Man Glaze Matte Nail Polish Swatches

Man Glaze Nail Polish

I'm finally getting around to the extrodinary Man Glaze nail polishes.  One word, Amazing.  Breathe, take a step back.  Wow, these are super hot!  Very goth and punk rock.  Totally cool.

Man Glaze is intended for a man or unisex and is to be worn without a topcoat for the desired "matte" look.  Without a topcoat?  Isn't that a faux paus?!  To think of a world without a topcoat is inconceivable.

Let's just throw the topcoat rule out the door for now.  Just pretend it don't even exsist.

Check out some swatches below.

Black Matte Nail Polish Swatch

The Death Tar - a smooth black matte/satin with subtle rainbow shimmer with no topcoat.  There's something about matte finishes I just love!

Two wears in one nail polish.  So versatile you can wear two ways.

Man War The Death Tar

Pic above is with a topcoat.

Gray Matte Nail Polish

Fuggen Ugly - a charcoal steel gray with rainbow shimmer.  Pic above is with no topcoat.

Man War Fuggen Ugly Nail Polish

Pic above is with topcoat.

The Death Tar and Fuggen Ugly retail for $6.66 and are available at Man Glaze.  Make sure you check out their blog to see some cool pictures and different uses.

Another reviewer from Man Glaze's Blog, DowdyDiva mentioned topping with Chanel's Azure glitter polish.

Here's some fun I had with one coat of Chanel's Azure.

Matte Black with Chanel Azure

Gray Matte with Chanel Azure

Although the glossy look may be stunning, I prefer the matte look.

Tags: man glaze, nail polish, black, gray, grey, swatches

Posted by Steph at 12:09:pm
views / 12 comments

Katie said on Jan 28th, 2009 12:18 pm
Death Tar looks really awesome! Where can do you usually find this brand? I live in the polish-backward Toronto so I won\'t even have my hopes up lol!

Shana Swain said on Jan 28th, 2009 8:39 am
Manly yes but I like it too! :) Love the finish of these.

vanessa martinez said on Jan 28th, 2009 10:24 am
wow! these look good! reminds me of ed hardy lol

K. said on Jan 28th, 2009 11:38 am
Since they're not intended to be used with a quick dry top coat.. Is the drying time very long?

Mr. MayonGlaise said on Jan 28th, 2009 11:48 am
Hey awesome write up! This is Marc from ManGlaze INK. Beautiful nails btw. I'm curious about one thing though. You said, "Man Glaze suggested topping with Chanel's Azure glitter polish". For the record: I don't even know what that is. And the very last thing I would ever do is recommend someone top my ManGlaze® with Chanel anything! Maybe someone else mentioned it on a blog that was grabbed onto our page. Anyway, I'm thrilled you think our sh*t's the sh*t. Much love. Stay Klassy, EZ

Steph said on Jan 29th, 2009 8:10 am
Hi Katie, These polishes are available online at Manglaze. That will probably be your best bet! Shana, Aren't these great. Love that matte look! Vanessa, Their cool! They do, I was thinking the same thing! Hi K, They dry pretty fast to a smooth satin finish.

Jinnzor said on Jan 30th, 2009 4:26 am
I'm trying to hard to get over the name and failing. Do you know how they wear without a top coat. I think they are very unique when worn like that.

Jason said on Jan 30th, 2009 1:57 am
Steph, Thank you for reviewing these awesome polishes! You are absolutely correct, they are like nothing else out there. And, even though they may be intended to be used without a top coat, I Love what you did with Channel Azure over the top (contrary to what MayonGlaize says)! And regarding your recognition that this polish is primarily intended for men, I consider any polish fair game for guys! heck, it's just paint, and if a guy can pull off wearing it with style, why not? Thanks for your great pics and awesome polish site!!! :-)

Steph said on Jan 31st, 2009 11:56 am
Hi Jinnzor, Lol! Actually, the wear was pretty good espically if you paint the bottom tips. They lasted a good 3 days. The matte texture is really cool. :) Hi Jason, Aww, thanks! They are so cool. I couldn't stop looking at the matte texture on my nails all day. I totally agree! :)

kerashavonne said on May 31st, 2009 5:22 am
Where can you buy these? Does anyone know?

Jason said on Jun 1st, 2009 1:13 am
Kearshavonne, you can find them at www.manglaze.com or www.sephora.com. So far, Man Glaze has just two colors (but more are on the way): Death Tar (black matte) and Fuggin' Ugly (dark gray matte). Both are inpregnated with lots of multi-colored glitter (as Steph's picutres show), but with the matte finish, the glitter only shows up when in good light. They spread like butter and leave no brush marks - They're just awesome!! : )

Steph said on Jun 8th, 2009 6:56 am
Hi Kerashavonne, Jason put it perfectly! Thanks so much for your input Jason :)

Comments