Saturday, February 7th, 2009

Pedi of the Day: Black and White French

Black and White French Pedicure

Hope ya'll are having an enjoyable day.  In the Cincy region, it's about 60 degrees and cloudy.  Heck, I'm not complaining though.  I'll take anything other than snow these days.

With warm weather and Spring creeping up, I thought now would be a perfect time to do a pedi post.  All feet are ugly.  There's nothing pretty about them.  And, what's even worse is giving yourself a home pedicure.

Usually I don't recommend salon services, but in this case it's definitely worth the splurge.  It's a perfect time to relax and treat your tooties to some pampering.  You deserve it!

Black and White French Pedi

For my pedicure, I used wet n wild black creme and the Sally Hansen nail art pen in white.  Wet n Wild's black polish is the best hands down.  It's opaque in one coat and super glossy.  Milani's Black Magic is another great black.

Have a fabulous night!

Tags: potd, pedicure of the day, black, white, french, pedi

Posted by Steph at 09:15:am
views / 11 comments

Denny said on Feb 7th, 2009 9:50 am
This is a nice twist to the french manicure that I have grown oh so tired of. Very chic. :-)

Katee said on Feb 8th, 2009 12:26 pm
Cute and different!

avroys said on Feb 8th, 2009 3:56 am
That is just lovely! Very neatly done as well. In the Southern hemisphere we are approaching autumn and I might just try something similar to your pedi!

Hend said on Feb 8th, 2009 4:20 am
this is so pretty,i love it!

sheo said on Feb 8th, 2009 11:14 am
That is just so cute. I think I might be inspired to add a little white french tip to my current pedi (SOPI I'm With Brad) today, now that I've finally got my toenails grown out a little. I have a habit of keeping them ridiculously short.

Steph said on Feb 8th, 2009 1:16 am
Hi Denny, Thanks! :) I just love mixing up different colors. The traditional french shades can be so boring. Katee, Thanks, doll! Hope your having a good weekend. Avroys, Awww, thanks! You should def try it! A dark gray would also be hot but not so bold. :)

Steph said on Feb 8th, 2009 1:20 am
Hi Hend, Awwe, Thanks! :) Sheo, You defintely should! I'm the same. If my toe nails get really long they tend to hit my shoe and break off. And, it takes forever and a day to grow back! :)

Laura said on Feb 12th, 2009 10:27 am
Love this look! Do you put the white on as a last step over the whole painted black nail? Or do you leave some room at the tip for the white when you paint the black? Thanks for the instruction! :)

Steph said on Feb 15th, 2009 10:02 am
Hi Laura, Aww, Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I painted my toes first with two coats of black and a topcoat then applied SH nail art pen.

clapster said on Mar 19th, 2009 9:10 am
You are so right about that black! One coat is all the WNW needs and who doesn't love that?! You have also inspired me to try some funky Frenchs too. I only found your blog a little while ago and I'm hooked! Thanks!

Steph said on Mar 19th, 2009 9:29 am
Hi Clapster, Aww, thanks! I'm so glad you found your way here..When you start doing those funky french you'll be hooked! I know it. :)

Comments