Thursday, February 26th, 2009

China Glaze Summer Days Collection

China Glaze Summer daysSummer is the ultimate season I look forward to year after year.   Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs along with corn on the cob after a long day at the beach or pool.  Fresh fruits such as watermelon, strawberries, oranges and grapes.

And, even though it seems like summer is a million months away, I couldn't hold back China Glaze's, Summer Days.

This collection certainly takes me take to those relaxing summer days featuring nail polish names such as Grape Juice, Watermelon Rind, and Strawberry Fields.

Oh, thank you China Glaze for giving us something to look forward to.  One noticeable trend this Spring season...NO shimmers ya'll!  Where did all the shimmers go - I miss them dearly!

All the formula's are jelly like texture with glass flecked shimmer. Some colors I found to be semi sheer that required three coats and others were just fine in two.

Check out all the swatches below.

China Glaze Watermelon Rind Nail Polish

China Glaze Summer Days

I'm starting with my two favorites from the Summer Days collection, Watermelon Rind and Grape Juice.  Both are equally gogeous and can't bare to pick a #1 favorite!

Watermelon Rind is a gorgeous watermelon green with silver flecked shimmer.

China Glaze Grape Juice nail polish

China Glaze Summer Days

Grape Juice is a cross between purple and violet with silver flecks of shimmer!  Gorgeous.

China Glaze Orange Marmalade nail polish

China Glaze Summer Days

Orange Marmalade is a true orange with gold shimmer.

China Glaze Strawberry Fields nail polish

China Glaze Summer Days

Strawberry Fields is a soft strawberry pink with gold flecked shimmer.

China Glaze Raspberry Festival nail polish

Raspberry Festival is cherry red with pink glass flecks of shimmer.

china glaze cherry pie nail polish

Cherry Pie is a red orange with gold shimmer.  Not quite a tomato red nor a true cherry red.

Here's a short video clip of China Glaze's, Summer Days.

The summer 09 collection is now available online at Transdesgn and retails for $2.60/ea.  Summer Days should be hitting Sally's and other retailers mid March.

Tags: china glaze, summer collection, nail polish, swatches

Posted by Steph at 06:37:am
views / 12 comments

outspokenwallflower said on Feb 26th, 2009 11:08 am
Lovely swatches! I cant get enough of seeing pics of this collection! =D

Steph said on Feb 27th, 2009 8:18 am
Aww, thanks! :) Your right, it never gets old. I love this collection.

Tessi said on Feb 27th, 2009 11:24 am
Watermelon Rind is screaming my name! Love that shade and Strawberry Fields, aww summer - can't wait.

avroys said on Feb 27th, 2009 4:07 am
Watermelon Rind and Grape Juice are at the top of my lemming list. Thanx for great swatches and confirming my choice of lemmings!!!

Steph said on Feb 27th, 2009 8:46 am
HI Tessi, Watermelon Rind is super pretty! I'm uber excited for summer too! Aww, your welcome avroys! They are two must have shades for summer! :)

Alexa said on Feb 28th, 2009 2:50 am
hello there, just found ur blog when searching for sephora by opi spring swatches. O.M.G I LOVE UR SWATCHES. they are amazing. thanks for those great swatches. i bet i'd go broke for sure for this cute collection from china glaze. haha ;]

Steph said on Feb 28th, 2009 8:46 am
Hi Alexa, Aww, thanks so much!! I'm so glad you found me. I know what you mean, this collection is so pretty! :)

rasilla said on Feb 28th, 2009 9:47 am
im usually not a fan of pinks...but im loving strawberry fields! i have yet to see this in canadian sally's, but I can't wait to buy them~ Thanks for the great swatches :)

Candice said on Mar 6th, 2009 3:09 am
omg i love all of the colors so nice and pretty, anywayz this is my first time noticing this brand, i just noticed that i missed out so much......can't wait till it comes out i want to get all of them thanks

Steph said on Mar 6th, 2009 7:16 am
Hi Rasilla, Aww, thank you! Stawberry fields was another one of my favorites. Heck I love them all :) Hi Candice, Oh my goodness! China Glaze is the best, espically if you love shimmers! You'll go crazy with all their beautiful colors :)

Lynn said on Apr 5th, 2009 9:32 am
OMG! you've got the cutest,most perfect nails and every color looks great on you! I bought Grape Juice @Sally's during their buy 2 get one free on China Glaze and now I need to go buy a few more before the sale ends..thanks for all you do on your blog!

Steph said on Apr 10th, 2009 2:26 am
Thanks so much Lynn! Your too sweet :) I loved every single one of these!

Comments