Wednesday, March 11th, 2009

Limited Edition Nail Polish Sets from Icing

Limited edition icing by claries nail polish sets

Happy Hump day!  Hope your having an excellent Wednesday morning.  Today I'm bringing you some fabulous limited edition sets from Icing by Claire's.

Last December during Christmas time, I discovered these nail polish sets at the mall. Unimpressed by the brush quality, I neglected to post my photo swatches.  Having brush imperfections can make your application a nightmare to deal with.

When I saw the new spring colors at Icing, I just gasped and decided to give them another go around.  And, I'm happy to report - No brush difficulties. Yay!

Confession time.  So, the only reason I intitally picked up this set was due to the unqiueness of Ocean View and Retro Girl, but ended up loving them all!  Good thing, a?

All five shades are loaded down with hot pink, gold, and purple micro shimmer.  Although, the only shimmer you'll see is hot pink.  Actually, I didn't even realize the various colors until I was swatching in the sun.

Some of the formulas were a littlle more sheer than I preferred, but that's ok - I'll deal because their super pretty.  With any semi sheer nail polish, I pack the color on pretty thick - that way I won't be bothered with four coats.  The drying time may be a little longer than usual, but it beats four coats.

Icing Pure nail polish swatch

Pure is a semi sheer white with hot pink shimmer that had better coverage than Icing's, Oceanview and China Glaze's, Kwik Silvr.

Icing by Claires Ocean View Nail polish

Ocean View, one of my favorites, a semi sheer seafoam green with pink shimmer.

Icing by Claire's nail polish

Ocean View and Pure.

Icing by Claire's Tickled Pink nail polish

Tickled Pink is a light to medium pink with hot pink shimmer.

Icing in Bloom nail polish swatch

In Bloom is a lavendar purple with hot pink shimmer.

Icing by Claire's Retro Girl

Retro Girl is beyond amazing and highly unique!  Described as a muddy olive green brown with purple, gold and pink shimmer that had good pigmentation all around. My pictures may look brown, but there's defintely olive green in there.  Take a peek at the product picture above.

Now, on to the bling bling. The glitters have an light tinted based and are filled with glitter and micro shimmer.  I debated on whether posting my swatches because it's next to impossible to capture the actual colors.

Icing Goldie Locks nail polish

Goldie Locks has a golden champagne base with gold, green and blue shimmer.

Icing Sparklin girl nail polish

Sparklin Girl has a silvery purple base with gold, purple and silver shimmer.

Icing Starry Eyes nail polish

Starry Eyes has a light blue base with silver and blue shimmer.

Icing Oscar nail polsh

Oscar has a light lime green base with gold and silver shimmer.

Icing Passion nail polish

Passion has a light pink base with pink, gold and silver shimmer.

Here's some other colors from Icing.

Icing by Claire's Blackout nail polish

Blackout is a greyish black base loaded with silver and holographic glitter.

Icing Luv u 2 much nail polish

Luv U 2 Much is a clearish sandy base with silver and tan glitter.  Super blingy.

Icing Jem nail polish swatch

Jem is a pink red loaded with silver shimmer.

Icing Electrified nail polish swatch

Icing's Electrified reminds me of Misa's, Fatal Affair with a little bit more blue.  A blueish purple base with an overlay of blue shimmer.

Icing maggie nail polish swatch

Hellooo Foil goodness!  Oh my, I've never seen a foil polish this pigmented.  Wow, almost looks like Minx foils!

Maggie is described as a silver foil that's packed with pigmentation you'll only need one coat.

Icing by Clarie's a girl like you

A Girl Like You, another foil goodness, is a pink and silver foil.  Excellent pigmentation, another one coater.

Icing foil nail polish swatches

Here's a blurred pic just to show you how foily they just are!

Icing by Claire's nail polish is only available at Icing stores usually located in Malls.  Pricing as follows: miniature bottles $2.50, Large bottles $4.50, LE colored set $14.99 and Glitter set $10.99.  They always have buy one, get second half off specials.

So, I wanna hear - What's everyones favorites?

Tags: icing, nail polish, swatches, spring collection

Posted by Steph at 08:29:am
views / 14 comments

Styrch said on Mar 11th, 2009 9:17 am
Wow, Retro Girl is really different! I'm not sure how it's "retro" but I'm surprised. I also like Maggie and A Girl Like You (I love foil finishes). And Jem is "truly outrageous". ;-)

Hales said on Mar 11th, 2009 9:26 am
Retro Girl and In Bloom are beyond fabulous! Oceanview and Maggie are total guilty pleasures for me! Way to go Icing!

Steph said on Mar 11th, 2009 10:00 am
Hi Styrch, Those foil finishes are amazing! They have really fabulous shades. I love them all! :) Hi Hales, Retro Girl is just so different - I love it! Bravo, Bravo Icing! :)

Vampy Varnish said on Mar 11th, 2009 10:56 am
You know I am loving Retro Girl!!

Brookiebaby0506 said on Mar 11th, 2009 11:01 am
I JUST picked up a ton of Icing's. I got that bottom LE collection, too. I wish I would have seen that top collection though, there are several colors in there that "tickle my fancy", lol.

Emelie said on Mar 11th, 2009 12:05 pm
They are so pretty! I wish Icings were easier to find for us international girls.

avroys said on Mar 12th, 2009 3:55 am
Wow, so many gorgeous colours: I love Jem and A girl like you. Pure is just dreamy! And I second Emelie's comment about finding Icings internationally.

Steph said on Mar 12th, 2009 9:52 am
Kelly, it's gorgeous! Hi Brookiebaby, I could have seriously went crazy with all their cool colors! Crosses finger, hopefully your store will get this soon! :) It's well worth it! Hi Emelie, Avroys Thanks! I def feel for you guys! :(

Lucy said on Mar 12th, 2009 2:19 am
Wow is all I can say. I to love Retro Girl. But love, love those foils. Thanks for your quick swatching.

Stephanie said on Mar 14th, 2009 2:21 am
*gasp*

kay said on May 10th, 2009 10:00 am
looking for the foil colors (silver and pink) please help!!

ugot2luvlana said on May 25th, 2009 11:57 am
oscar, blackout and my favorite maggie ! ! foil is the new black haha

Steph said on May 26th, 2009 6:27 am
Hi ugot2luvlana, Foils totally rock! :)

sumerlovin said on Jun 21st, 2009 10:57 am
I just picked up the first set at Icing at the outlet mall for $2.00. They had a special going on...i love the colors!

Comments