Thursday, March 12th, 2009

Holo Hotness: Orlys Primsa Glosses

Orly Prisma Gloss

Have you guys seen Orly's new glosses? They are down right incredible!  One of Orly's newest editions, Prisma Gloss in shades of Silver and Gold.  Prisma gloss acts as a topcoat that's - fast drying, high shine and loaded with special gold & silver glitter particles for a holographic effect on your nails.

Have fun with any nail polish shade using Primsa gloss!  Forget Essie's Starry Starry night, you can create your own starry dream in silver or gold.

Shake, Shake, Shake!  When you receive these glosses, you'll need to give them a good shake.  The glittler particles fall to the bottom of the bottle and needs to be mixed up with each mani.

For best results, treat prisma gloss as a topcoat.  The glitter and holograpic effect will stand out more.  Personally, I think they work best when used with a creme nail polish color.

Too bad the sun wasn't out today, I really wanted to show you guys the full potential of these babies.  All my swatches were used with one coat of Orly's Primsa Gloss and any creme based polish.

Prisma Silver Gloss nail polish

Nail Colors with Orlys Prisma Gloss

Silver Prisma Gloss is a clear base with silver and holographic glitter.  These are so fun to play with!  You can experiment with virtually any nail polish color in your collection!

The best news is - you'll only need one coat of Primsa Gloss to acheive a "WOW" factor to your nails!

Orly Prisma Gold Gloss nail polish

Orly Gold primsa gloss

Gold Prisma Gloss is a clear base topcoat with gold and holograhic glitter.  The gold looks stunning over a brown creme.  Definitely one of my favorite looks with the gold gloss.

The glosses look espically fab if you pair up with a complimentary base color.  Orly's Prisma Gloss retails between $3.19 - $4.99 and is available at Trans Design or other Orly retailers.

Aren't these fab?  What do you guys think?  Who has em?

Tags: orly, prima gloss, holographic, topcoat

Posted by Steph at 12:37:pm
views / 10 comments

Linds said on Mar 12th, 2009 1:13 am
I've been really curious about those after I saw them on the Trans website. I'm glad to know they're so gorgeous in person.

Brookiebaby0506 said on Mar 12th, 2009 1:35 am
I don't have these, but I want them! I wonder if Sally's has these. Do you know?

Steph said on Mar 12th, 2009 1:40 am
Hi Linds, They are! Very pretty :) Hi Brookiebaby, I haven't seen them in Sally's yet. But, my Sally's always seem to get things late! I would call first before you make a trip :)

Lucy said on Mar 12th, 2009 2:15 am
I have the gold and haven't used it yet. I tried it on one nail. You most definitely have to shake it. I wish I had bought the silver also. I'll have to try the gold over the brown. Sounds nice.

hologlitter said on Mar 12th, 2009 2:42 am
I live in interior Alaska, so it's hard to find anything unless I go to anchorage. I was able to find inm's northern lights in gold and silver in anchorage, but I would love to have these as they don't require several coats.

Allison said on Mar 12th, 2009 3:51 am
What red are you wearing on your nail? I really like it

Brookiebaby0506 said on Mar 12th, 2009 5:40 am
I am fairly new to your blog, but I really love it. I nominated your blog for an award on my blog. :)

Steph said on Mar 12th, 2009 7:26 am
Hi Lucy, It looks very pretty with the brown :) Hi hologlitter, The coverage is pretty amazing for one coat! Hope you can find this soon. Hi Allison, Actually, it's a fuschia pink that's really pretty called Loreal Fanatic Fuschia. For some reason, I can never get an accurate picture :) Brookiebaby, your such a sweetheart! Thanks so much doll :)

Holly said on Mar 12th, 2009 10:16 am
Hey Steph! How would you say these compare to China Glaze's Fairy Dust and Golden Enchantment?

Steph said on Mar 13th, 2009 7:23 am
Hi Holly, Both are similar. I'd say if you have Fairy Dust or Golden Enchantment you could pass on Orly's primsa gloss. In my opinion, the prisma gloss is filled with more glitter that has to be shaken up more often and is much thicker than China Glazes. :)

Comments