Monday, March 16th, 2009

St Pattys Day: Mani and Pedi of the Day

Claires Mixables in Techno Nail Polish

Bright Green St Pattys Day Mani

Happy Monday Ya'll! It's not officially St. Patty's Day yet, but I wanted to be ahead of the game because it's going to be a jam packed day tomorrow. So, how in the heck do you go about choosing a green for St. Patty's Day? It's virtually impossible because greens rock.

The verdict - Claire's 3 in 1 Mixables in Technopop because it's cool and I just like it!  Knowing me, I'll probably change my mani before St. Patrick's Day.

Claire's 3 in 1 mixables are pretty neato.  You get three different colors in one bottle. No shaking or mixing required.  Do you know how hard it is to not shake the bottle? I guess it's just habit, but it's pretty darn H A R D.

What I love about Claire's 3 in 1 mixable's - their mostly duochrome colors.  You'll see various colors in different angles of lighting.

Technpop is describled aa a bright minty green duo that changes from green, purple and blue.  And, has added holographic glitter for that ultra flair.

I have a boat load of Claire's swatches I'll be posting in the next weeks to come.

Neon Green and Black Polka Dots Pedicure

St. Pattys Day Pedicure Nail Art

I really loved how my pedicure turned out.  The black polka dots just pop on a neon base. What I used: Massini's Neon Greenlight and for the polka dots, Sally Hansen's Nail art pen in black.

The neon green is much brighter in real life compared to my swatches above.  I really like Massini's neons because their opaque and you don't have to worrry about a white basecoat.

Hope you have a wonderful night and St. Patty's Day!

What's everyone wearing for tomorrow? Be safe!

Tags: st. pattys day, mani, pedi, green

Posted by Steph at 08:01:am
views / 17 comments

clapster said on Mar 16th, 2009 8:19 am
I love your pedi! My mani is a French with SH Emerald City and OPI's Jack's Back from the Glow Out for Halloween. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!

Holly said on Mar 16th, 2009 10:32 am
I'm wearing stripes of Gargantuan Green Grape and Greenwich Village! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Amanda said on Mar 17th, 2009 9:11 am
Green polka dots! That is so cute. I really need to try the whole polka dot thing soon!

Steph said on Mar 17th, 2009 9:53 am
Awww, Thanks Clapster! Oooh, that sounds like a great combo! Have a great one :) ooh, That sounds like another great combo as well! I love the way Gargantuan Grape pops :) Hi Amanda, Aww, thanks! Polka dots are super easy! You should def try it with a dotting tool or SH nail art pens :)

Tessi said on Mar 17th, 2009 11:36 am
You know I'm loving that Technopop, it reminds me of seafoam. Happy St. Patty's Day Steph!

Brookiebaby0506 said on Mar 17th, 2009 12:00 pm
Love your pedi!! Very, very cute :)

Brookiebaby0506 said on Mar 17th, 2009 12:02 pm
Ooops! Forgot to tell you what I was wearing. I am not wearing any greens clothes, just my st, patty's nail art I did, there are some pics of it on my blog if you wanna check it out :) I love your blog!!

shen said on Mar 17th, 2009 12:19 pm
ooohhhh!! i love the nails!! :) nicely done!

Lucy said on Mar 17th, 2009 3:33 am
How cute are you! Love it. I have on BB's Poison Ivy,

PrettyBrownGirl said on Mar 17th, 2009 6:48 am
Hi! *waving* I really like your mani/pedi. The black dots against the neon background is very sexy! I've seen those Claire's polishes before but never took them too seriously (I mean, it is Claire's & I am over 30...LOL) but maybe I'll send my daughter in the store to get one or two for me. ;) I'm wearing "San Francisco" by Sinful Colors today! :)

michelle said on Mar 17th, 2009 8:31 am
Your pedi is totally awesome!! I love neons, but I've never seen the Massinis before :D

Dylan said on Mar 17th, 2009 9:25 am
Im wearing rimmel london's 60 second camoflage!

Maestra said on Mar 18th, 2009 10:28 am
This pedi is just drop dead gorgeous! I wore ChG Watermelon Rind ;)

Steph said on Mar 19th, 2009 9:21 am
Happy St. Patty too you Tessi! Thanks Brookiebaby! Your such a sweetie :) oooh, Poison Ivy! Great choice PrettyBrowngirl, I know, right? I totally know where your coming from. Def send your daughter in there, she'll come out with some awesome finds :)

Steph said on Mar 19th, 2009 9:24 am
Aww, thanks Michelle! I've only seen Massini at Meijers stores. They have some pretty awesome colors :) Dylan, love camoflage! Maestra, Thanks :) I really love it... Watermelon Rind is absolutely stunning!

lauren said on Mar 27th, 2009 12:22 pm
omg i had the same thing but on my finger nails lol

Steph said on Mar 28th, 2009 4:49 am
Aww, great minds think alike :)

Comments