Thursday, March 19th, 2009

Sneak Peek: Chanel Summer 09 Nail Polishes

Chanel Summer 09 Nail Polish Comparisons

Chanel Summer 09 Le Vernis

This summer, Chanel introduces two new warm tones to the Cote D'Azure collection.  A resort destination collection featuring, Golden Sands - a shimmery brown metallic and Orange Fizz - a cool orange coral creme.

Today I had the oppurtunity to play around with Chanel's new summer 09 collection and overall, I'm a little bit disappointed. I found the eye shadow colors to be dark and way too orangey for my liking, even for my warmed toned skin.  And the nail colors - were safe and "typical" summer shades.

As soon as I laid eyes on Orange Fizz in person, I knew it was a close dupe to L.A. Sunset.  Orange Fizz is more dull and has pink undertones compared to L.A. Sunset. And honestly, L.A. Sunset is much prettier & brighter in my opinion. Bottom line - if you have L.A Sunset, I'd pass on this one.

On a side note, Orange Fizz is selling like hotcakes at most of the Chanel counters.

Yep, Golden Sands is a metallic. Man, was I bummed or what.  Me and metallics just don't get along and the same goes for this one. Although, the application was a tad better than Antilope - it's still a metallic. Described as a darker copper sand compared to Antilope's white sand color.

Chanel LA Sunset Pedicure

Here's a pedicure picture of L.A Sunset from last year. In a couple days, I'll be posting more pics of Orange Fizz in this blog post.

Chanel orange fizz comparisons

To break it down, Orange Fizz is pretty - but not unqiue. There are several alternatives (some of mine shown above) that are just as good.

Any takers?

Tags: chanel, summer collection, nail polish, swatches

Posted by Steph at 07:30:am
views / 10 comments

Shellyglitter said on Mar 19th, 2009 8:54 am
I completely agree with you Steph. This is the first time I was not even tempted to buy a Chanel polish. I bought the bronzing loose powder from the resort collection, it's pretty :)

Steph said on Mar 19th, 2009 9:26 am
The brozing powder is gorgeous! That is the only product that really tempted me :)

Denny said on Mar 19th, 2009 10:00 am
WOW, this is a pretty pedi color. Oh how I love the corals.

Steph said on Mar 25th, 2009 10:55 am
Thanks Denny! I love coral shades as well :)

rmcandlelight said on Mar 26th, 2009 10:57 am
How many coats do you have to apply for the wet n wild and la girls versus the chanel to make it opaque?

Steph said on Mar 28th, 2009 4:43 am
Hi rmcandlelight, The LA Girl is completely opaque in 1-2 coats with the best coverage. The other two are about the same with 2-3 coats :)

Marlen said on May 6th, 2009 12:54 pm
What's the name of the L.A. Girl Flare nail polish?

Emily J said on May 12th, 2009 10:26 am
I have the one on the far left, the wet and wild. And I love it on my toes. I saw the Orange Fizz in a magazine and loved it...and immediately thought, "Hmmm...too close to my $3 nail polish to justify spending $22 on a similiar color" I do love me a pink coral though for summer. I'm really liking that LA Sunset.

Steph said on May 13th, 2009 11:34 am
Hi Marlen, It's called Coral:) Hi Emily, I really love LA Sunset verses Orange Fizz. Their definitely close and not worth spending the extra cash if you don't have it :)

JoAB said on Jun 10th, 2009 5:08 am
Do you know how Orange Fizz compares to Chanel Orange Blossom?

Comments