Sunday, April 12th, 2009

Easter Mani: Speckled Egg Polka Dots

Easter Manicure polka dot pastel nail art

Pastel Polka Dot nail art

Happy Easter! Today's mani takes me back to the good ole days when I used to get an easter basket filled with speckled whoppers, jelly beans, and anything bad - but too good to resist.

With my nail art obsession in high gear right now, I just couldn't resist the cuteness of polka dots for my easter mani. Polka Dots are quite frankly the easiest type of nail art, espically when using a dotting tool. Even a breeze with your opposite hand!

Check out one more swatch below.

Easter Nail Art of the Day

Just when I was debating what to wear for my Easter NOTD, it struck me from the shelf of my favorite sweet in the world, Cupcakes!

What I used: Base color: Misa - Dirty Sexy Money, Orly - Spark, Nina - Sweet Nothings, Misa - Speed of Life. Polka Dots: standard acrylic paint colors. Tools: Dotting.

You guys asked, and shall receive. Ok, so I've been getting mass requests for video tutorials, particularly on Polka Dots and should have that up in the next few days! Hope your having a wonderful Sunday!

AH-ddict said on Apr 13th, 2009 12:52 pm
OOOOOO sooooooooo Cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

clapster said on Apr 13th, 2009 8:04 am
Great job! It looks amazing! Looking forward to the tutorials.

MM said on Apr 13th, 2009 10:39 am
I am 23 years old and I have never had nails to speak of before now.. suddenly they are growing long and strong and I have no idea how to shape them. I love the shape of your nails... they look sort of tapered up to the tip and then filed straight? Can you give me any tips on shaping my nails like that? Thanks :)

Lucy said on Apr 13th, 2009 12:07 pm
Very cute! Glad you will be having tutorials.

shayna said on Apr 13th, 2009 2:07 am
I tried to find the yellow this morning at Sally - is it a new color?

Steph said on Apr 13th, 2009 2:39 am
Aww, Thanks guys! I'm hoping to have a tutorial up on Wednesday! :) Hi MM, Aww thanks so much! I'm hoping to do a vid tutorial on filing tips soon! In the meantime, here's some tips: I file my sides inward, at a slight horizontal angle to elimiate that "wide nail" look. Try not to spend to much time filing your sides, as it can weaken them greatly. On my Tips, a straight edge and cornered on the sides. I find it's much easier filing your nails when they are painted. Hope this helps! Let me know if you any questions :) Hi Shayna, It's a older color from the Hot Stuff Collection, but shouldn't be hard to find. You can always try the online etailers, Head2toe, 8ty8, or Transdesign online :)

Dee said on Apr 13th, 2009 3:31 am
I envy your dot competency. I am dot challenged. Don't know why.

Steph said on Apr 13th, 2009 8:20 am
Hi Dee, Thanks! You are dot challenged, everyone has it in them :) Have you tried a dotting tool? it's super easy.

Apsara said on Jun 18th, 2009 3:01 am
These are amazing! How did you do the polkadots?

Tanya @ A Little Bit of Everything said on Apr 20th, 2011 2:35 pm
Love this! This is probably a silly question, but when you say acrylic paint, are you referring to the acrylic paint you can do crafts with or paint for acrylic nails?

Steph said on Apr 21st, 2011 9:21 am
Hi Tanya,
No question is a silly one!! Yes, acrylic craft/art paint. It's a great water-based paint to use for beginners until you perfect the polka dot method and move on to regular nail polish :)

janae said on Apr 27th, 2011 1:45 pm