Friday, May 8th, 2009

KO Liberty: Mint Green Matte Goodness

Knockout Cosmetics Liberty nail polish

Mint Green matte nail polish

Today is a happy happy Friday and it's all thanks to Knockout's new shade, Liberty. This one is hot, really hot! Described as pastel mint green matte that dried to a satin with three thin coats.

Well all know mint green shades are on fire right now, and I think Liberty will break us from our matte nail polish phobia. It's the perfect Spring or Summer shade for mani's and pedi's.

My Application: There was a little bit of streakiness at first, but it all seemed to dry out evenly in the end. You could probably get by with two thicker coats.

And now for the comparison.

Mint green nail polish comparisons

Liberty is much greener than For Audrey, and just a pinch bluer than MAC's Peppermint Patti. If your swooning over mint greens lately, this is a must have!

Liberty is now available online at Knockout Cosmetics and retails for $22 for a huge bottle (.56). Have a wonderful weekend!

Karla said on May 8th, 2009 11:26 am
That was refreshing just to look at. And you've got such lovely nails.

Tessi said on May 9th, 2009 10:05 am
Let Liberty ring! This is a hot color.

Lucy said on May 9th, 2009 12:16 pm
Thanks for the comparison Steph. I just love Knockout's polishes. I can't wait to see the oxblood (?) color. They are so expensive. I hope someone else comes out with the same colors and finishes.

Steph said on May 9th, 2009 2:51 am
Hi Karla, Aww, thanks so much doll! :) Hi Tessi, Hot is an understatement! Hi Lucy, No problemo! Oxblood is def a fall color that I'll be previewing next week :) Zoya's releasing a LE MatteVelvet collection for Fall that's close to Oxblood but I haven't seen any spectacular colors like Liberty thus far. But, Matte's are just coming back so it's definitely hopeful.

mytwocents said on May 9th, 2009 6:32 am
very cool!

domineque said on May 10th, 2009 3:17 am
I'm soooooo jealous!! This is an amazing color and your nails are adorable!

selma said on May 11th, 2009 11:44 am
Ohmygosh what a gorgeous color! where can you get this polish?! love it :)

Steph said on May 11th, 2009 12:04 pm
Hi Mytwocents, definitely! :) Hi domineque, Aww, thanks! :) The color is super hot. Hi Selma, You can purchase this online at Knockout Cosmetics.

S. Vanessa Hailey said on May 13th, 2009 5:50 am
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I want it!

Janice Scott said on May 13th, 2009 10:06 am
I'm 47 yrs old and I would wear this color in a minute, LOVE IT!!! it's so refreshing..I normally go for the reds, and oranges, but this is one color I will wear in the summer... GREAT NAILS!!

Vanity said on May 21st, 2009 8:34 am
Oh my gosh, Liberty is the most amazing thing I've seen, thanks so much for the pics. I have the ones in your comparison pics, they're great but NOTHING compared to Liberty! Oh, it's so pretty!!!

Steph said on May 21st, 2009 11:42 am
Hi Vanity, My pleasure! Isn't Liberty the best thing ever?! I really really love this one, even out of all my mints green - it's the best :)

Comments