Monday, May 18th, 2009

Nail Polish of the Day: SH Turquoise Opal

Sally Hansen Turquoise opal nail polish

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms

Happy Monday! Hope you guys had a terrific weekend! It's absolutely gorgeous outside and makes for a great start to the week.

It was only a matter of time before I dragged out these gems from Sally Hansen. And, wow, that's all I need to say! These are certainly magical in every way.

Once upon a time, Sally Hansen introduced an amazing line called Nail Prisms. Each bottle is filled with massive amounts of shimmer that reflects off light to create a rainbow of duochrome colors.

Turquoise Opal, one of my favorites from the nail prisms, distinctly flashes four obvious colors: teal, blue, pink, and purple. On the pictures above, I tried to get both teal & blue and purple & pink captured.

One more swatch below.

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms swatches

In this swatch, I used one coat of black polish as a base and two coats of SH nail prisms. And, you can kinda see a gradient of all four colors.

I'm not sure how many Nail Prisms colors were produced, but I know there's many. I personally own over thirty something and still see new colors popping up on ebay.

Where can I find these? It's not impossible, you just have to look. Ebay is the most obvious place. Also, check your Dollar Tree and Flea markets.

This past weekend, me and my hubsand went to the Flea Market and I stumbled upon this booth with over 300 discontinued Sally Hansen's, NYC, Naturalisitcs, etc. I was literally in heaven, but sadly I already owned most of the nail prisms they had. Wanna see my mini haul.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Emelie said on May 18th, 2009 1:40 am
What a great haul! And this color is awesome. I wonder why they decided to d/c them.

Liz said on May 18th, 2009 6:17 am
That is disgustingly beautiful! I love true duochromes; they're pretty rare.

Atomica said on May 18th, 2009 8:55 am
WOW! That is one of the most gorgeous nail polishes I have ever seen. It would be amazing if they decided to bring these babies back - I'm sure they'd be bestsellers.

domineque said on May 18th, 2009 10:38 am
i got this one and many others on sale at a liquidation store. There were like 9 bottles for 3.00. Do these take a loooong time to dry for you? mine does and i hate using them even though it's so pretty!

Steph said on May 18th, 2009 10:50 am
Hi Emelie, Thanks! I'm not sure, but I really wish they'd bring em' back! :) Hi Liz, LOL! You put that perfectly! I heart duochromes :) Hi Atomica, It's even prettier IRL! That would be beyond amazing! Hi Domineque, Oooh, great deal! I really haven't noticed that too much, but I also top Seche Vite right away. Do you use a fast dry topcoat with the nail prisms?

domineque said on May 19th, 2009 12:47 pm
I just want to let you know that I am beginning to have an unhealthy obsession with yout blog!! I almost died when i saw that pile of nail polishes, then was dead and burried when u said u had 20 more piles like it!!! Gorgeous nails, amazing blog! I use sally hansen shea butter rapid finish to dry my nails, but I still don't know if it works lol. I like the oil on my cuticles though. You definitely make me want to give them a go again!!

Steph said on May 20th, 2009 9:14 am
Hi domineque, Thanks so much doll, I appreciate that! Yeah, I have an unusually freakish addiction for nail polish, that can't be a good thing though LOL! I love the prisms so much! Have you tried Seche Vite topcoat? it's the best :)

Lucy said on May 24th, 2009 6:35 am
Love that opal finish. Very pretty on you. I wish I could find these polishes. Not too much luck with the dollar store.

Steph said on Jun 8th, 2009 6:43 am
Hi Lucy, Thanks so much! It's only once in a great moon, I find these at dollar stores :(

Luna Starling said on Mar 10th, 2010 11:41 pm
i love all of thees colors where can i buy them.

Comments