Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 48

Notice: Use of undefined constant ban_ip - assumed 'ban_ip' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: login_em in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 70

Notice: Use of undefined constant unsubscribe - assumed 'unsubscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 91

Notice: Use of undefined constant unsubscribe - assumed 'unsubscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 280

Notice: Undefined variable: year in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 7

Notice: Undefined variable: month in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_headline - assumed 'blog_headline' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant category_name - assumed 'category_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 19

Notice: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: reply in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog - assumed 'blog' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: approve-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: delete-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: edit-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant category_name - assumed 'category_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_admin in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_un in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: edit_blog_link in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 61

Notice: Undefined variable: body in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: views in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 125

Notice: Undefined variable: comment_block in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: approve-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 58

Notice: Undefined index: unsubscribe in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: edit-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 105

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_admin in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 377

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_name - assumed 'comment_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 413

Notice: Undefined index: comment_name in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 413

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_email - assumed 'comment_email' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 414

Notice: Undefined index: comment_email in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 414

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_url - assumed 'comment_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 415

Notice: Undefined index: comment_url in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 415

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_notify - assumed 'comment_notify' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 417

Notice: Undefined index: comment_notify in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 417

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_comment - assumed 'comment_comment' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 419

Notice: Undefined variable: error_name in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 504

Notice: Undefined variable: error_email in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 506

Notice: Undefined variable: error_url in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 507

Notice: Undefined variable: comment_comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 509

Notice: Undefined variable: error_comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 510

Notice: Undefined variable: error_verify in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 516
Fall 09 Collection: OPI Matte Nail Polish for July
Notice: Undefined variable: page_image in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 221

Notice: Use of undefined constant link - assumed 'link' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant share - assumed 'share' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant vote - assumed 'vote' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant subscribe - assumed 'subscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 245

Notice: Undefined variable: blog in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 369

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_ext - assumed 'advertising_ext' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 28

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_ext - assumed 'advertising_ext' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 29

Notice: Undefined variable: success_message in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 40

Notice: Undefined variable: error_message in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant favorite_types - assumed 'favorite_types' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: favorite_types in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 61

Notice: Use of undefined constant search_text - assumed 'search_text' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 116

Notice: Undefined index: search_text in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 116

Notice: Undefined variable: tag in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 127

Friday, May 29th, 2009

OPI Jumps on the Matte Bandwagon this Fall

OPI Matte Collection

OPI Matte is cutting edge for nails in terms of sophistication and style,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI executive vice president and artistic director. “An all-matte nail is fresh, confident, and very fashion runway, and OPI Matte is meant for those moments when you want to make a major fashion statement.OPI Matte does not wear as long as original OPI Nail Lacquer – but its impact is long remembered!”

I'm sure most of you already heard about OPI's newest matte collection slated this Fall. To my undertstanding, OPI is releasing six duo shades, available in two finishes: matte and glossy - take your pick!  All six shades are standard OPI colors that are readily available, not new ones.

Alpine Snow - french white creme, You don't know Jacques - mushrooom taupey creme, Russian Navy - Navy blue shimmer, La Paz-itively Hot - hot pink creme, Lincolon Park after Dark - midnight purple and Gargantuan Grape - greenish yellow lime.

The Matte collection will be available beginning July 1st. In the meantime, here's a few examples that I added a matte topcoat, just to give us an idea.

Note: these are not actual OPI matte shades. Just recreations using a matte topcoat. In most cases, Matte shades usually aren't the same as topcoats.

Check out the swatches.

Russian Navy with Matte Topcoat

OPI Alpine Snow with matte topcoat

OPI You don't know Jacques with matte topcoat

OPI you don't know Jacques matte

The Matte collection will be available starting July 1st. Check out the official swatches and review.

Tags: opi, fall, collection, matte, nail polish, beauty, swatches, news, color story

Posted by Steph at 09:03:am
views / 15 comments

styrch said on May 29th, 2009 9:53 am
YDKJ is so strange - the more "ugly" you make it the better it looks. I think I may like this one better as a matte shade than glossy. Quite frankly I still don't "get" the matte craze. But I'm open minded!

Laine said on May 29th, 2009 10:26 am
I have Lincoln Park after Dark and Gargantuan Green Grape and am really curious to see how they do in a matte form. I gotta get me a matte topcoat. Nice swatches!

ainsleigh said on May 29th, 2009 1:01 am
I'm so excited for this collection! You used two of the shades (navy and jacques) I plan on buying! Which matte top coat did you use here? Thanks :)

domineque said on May 29th, 2009 1:58 am
Great recreation!!!! I bet you'll buy them all anyway lol.

RoseWood69 said on May 29th, 2009 3:40 am
wow - the white really pops and looks so clean against the model's skintone - fab. I will definately try this if I can find it in the UK. The 'You Don't Know Jaque' is a great colour for work and looks great on model and other light tones but may be lost in darker tones.

D:) said on May 29th, 2009 6:46 am
Which top coat did you use? I'm trying to figure out which one to buy. I bought Orly Matte Top and I'm not happy w/ it (it gives more of a satin finish rather than a truly light absorbing matte finish).

kisskiss98 said on May 29th, 2009 9:29 am
I almost bought Russian Navy today. I didn't b/c I thought it was too dark n blue wouldn't show up. The Matte look makes it better! I can't wait until July 1st! (BTW, I ended up buying Done Out in Deco, Green-wich Village, No Room for the Blues, and My Private Jet!) I love your color swatches!!!!

Kasey said on May 30th, 2009 1:15 am
Awesome pictures/recreations! Can't wait for the collection to be released

Lucy said on May 30th, 2009 5:41 am
Can't wait to get my hands on these. They looks so pretty on you. I think the matte makes them look so different. I hope they wear well. No topcoat makes me a bit nervous.

Steph said on May 30th, 2009 10:16 am
Hi Styrch - I really liked the matte version YDKJ too! Can't wait to see how OPI's version :) Hi Laine - I totally agree! Thanks :) Hi Ainsleigh - Me too! I used Maybelline's Matte Maker, it's a discontinued product, but you can still find them at Dollar Tree's. Thanks Dominque - Thanks! You know it! LOL Hi Rosewood69 - I really loved You Don't Know Jacques too! :)

Steph said on May 30th, 2009 10:25 am
Hi D - I used Maybelline's Matte Maker. It's discontinued, but you can still find them at Dollar Tree's. I haven't tried Orly's or OPI's, so I'm not sure how they compare. :) Hi KissKiss - Oooh, great choices!! Russian Navy looks super hot! Can't wait until the Matte's come out :) Hi Kasey - Me too! Thanks so much! Hi Lucy - me either! Matte totally transforms a nail polish color. I'm not sure about OPI's yet, but Knockout's has amazing staying power without a topcoat. :)

Mimi said on Jun 2nd, 2009 6:36 am
Hey, If you could do a feature on Matte top coats, that would be great, kinda like a cheaper way to do matte nails...

Steph said on Jun 4th, 2009 9:04 am
Hi Mimi, You must have been reading my mind! I'll def being doing a matte topcoat post soon! :)

Ashley said on Aug 22nd, 2009 2:43 pm
Where can you FIND these nail polishes? I've looked everywhere and no where is carrying the OPI matte collection. They all have the classic versions of russian navy and linkin park after dark (the two colors i like) but i can not find the matte versions anywhere! Help?

gaby said on Aug 23rd, 2009 1:17 am
transdesign.com has them

Notice: Undefined variable: test in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 97

Notice: Undefined index: login_em in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 133
Comments

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_datetime - assumed 'comment_datetime' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 263

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 316

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 317

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: ny in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 320

Notice: Undefined variable: ul in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 321

2013

Notice: Undefined variable: lorem in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 393

Notice: Use of undefined constant site_path - assumed 'site_path' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 427

Mtv Chanel Nail Polish Limited Edition Collection Mac Cosmetics Review Giveaway Swatches Sephora China Glaze Opi Color Story Glitter Product Photos Dior Reviews Gray Nails Comparisons Beauty Sally Hansen Rescue Lounge Essie Summer Collection Fall Collection Revlon Nail Polish Of The Day Metallic Orange Loreal Yellow Green Blue Mac Pink Purple Red Brown Shimmer Product Review Sephora By Opi Wet N Wild Holiday Collection Silver Black White Notd Collection Reviews Sheer Glitters Layering Top Coat Gold Multi Color Holographic Spring Collection Icing Teal Fall 2009 Matte Creme Neutrals Nail Art Polka Dots Nail Comparisons Zoya Color Club Nubar Opaque Glitters Spring 2010 Summer 2010

Notice: Undefined variable: test in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 551

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/footer.tpl on line 7