Monday, July 27th, 2009

Sephora by OPI Dark Room: Swatches

Sephora by OPI Dark Room Nail Polish

Sephora Dark Forest Blue Green nail polish

Happy Monday! Hopefully ya'll had a wonderful weekend! Today I'm bringing you a scrumptious treat from Sephora By OPI called, Dark Room. It's described as a darkened forest green creme with blue undertones and a slight glimpse of shimmer that makes this unique in my collection.

Let's start off by saying, this was totally unexpected! And I hate to disappoint you ladies (including myself), no Nars Zulu dupe here. Looking at the promo images, I envisioned Dark Room as a deep forest green creme. Instead, we get a deep forest blue - if there's such a thing! It's definitely on the blackened teal side, but with green and even a bit of gray.

Overall, I think some of us might be a little disappointed because it's not your true "forest green" as we imagined. But at the same rate it's a great color that you can add to your unique stash.

Check out a comparison below.

Sephora Dark Room Comparisons

As you can see in the comparison swatch above, Dark Room is much different from other forest green shades on the market.

The verdict's in, what ya'll think of this new shade?

Virginia said on Jul 27th, 2009 2:05 pm
Hi! I am disappointed that this color looks more black than green! I noticed today that it was out of stock but I'm not sure that I'll be buying it when it returns. I'd love to see Nars Zulu swatches! BTW, I this is my first post! I've been reading your blog for a while and I love it.

v said on Jul 27th, 2009 4:19 pm
uugggh thats SO DISAPPOINTING!! thanks sephora for messing it up. it looks like a dark teal, not green at all!

Judy said on Jul 27th, 2009 7:17 pm
I'm disappointed too! It looked so deep and green on the site! I thought this would look like Enchanted Forest. I ordered Dark Room and Under My Trenchcoat on Friday. Oh well!

Glockoma said on Jul 27th, 2009 7:39 pm
Awww...that's too bad. Shouldn't every nail-polish company know by now that if they make any colour that closely resembles Nars Zulu it will sell like hotcakes? Maybe I need to start up my own company...hmmm...

Kristen said on Jul 27th, 2009 8:37 pm
Well this is not was I was hoping for! I was SO excited about this polish; just bought it yesterday in fact so I'll get it in a few days. I still like it a lot but cannot deny that I'm a little disappointed that it isn't more green. I do have to go to my Crayola Crayon box and say that forest greens and evergreen shades do tend to have more a blue tone to them so I guess the description doesn't mislead... it's that darn swatch they have on their website! Oh well! Thanks for the post!!

tomatopink said on Jul 27th, 2009 9:24 pm
Hmm, I have to add my name to the "disappointed" list. It's a pretty shade, but I think I'll pass.

Selina said on Jul 28th, 2009 5:44 am
I have to say I love this colour. I'm a sucker for the 'deep dark' shades and this one pushes all the right buttons for me.

Beana said on Jul 28th, 2009 10:50 am
Ugh! Just ordered it right before I clicked over here. It's still pretty but I do wish it was actually green. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to Orly Enchanted forest and OPI's Here today, Aragon Tomorrow.

Steph said on Jul 28th, 2009 12:26 pm
Hi Virginia, Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I always love to hear from my readers!! I sure hope you'll comment again!! xoxo Hi Guys, I know ya'll are disappointed....!! And, it's purely the fact that it's NOT our coveted Green!!! But, it has grown on me and I'm really starting to like it after a few days. Hopefully you will too! :) Hi Beanna, It is pretty, but I totally understand, "we want green!" who doesn't! lol I think you'll learn to love it just as much! :)

Liz said on Jul 28th, 2009 6:55 pm
Pretty! I would love to see this next to RBL Teal, which is also very dark and blue-leaning. The RBL doesn't have shimmer, but otherwise I bet they're pretty similar colors.

Steph said on Jul 28th, 2009 7:07 pm
Hi Liz, Both are completely different. Dark Room almost looks black paired next to RBL's Teal :)

Judy said on Jul 28th, 2009 9:08 pm
So I got Dark Room in the mail when I got home from work today! And I was very intrigued. It still looks greenish in the bottle. I will retract my disappointed statement until after I try it on my nails LOL :) I like dark polishes, like RBL Teal, so I will probably like this :) Thanks for the swatches!

Steph said on Jul 28th, 2009 9:15 pm
Hi Judy! Awwww!! I think it's just getting over the initial shock of the promo image!! So glad you like it...I'm a dark polish lover too! So I'm really digging it!

Danica said on Jul 29th, 2009 3:31 pm
Yeh, I can definetly do without! Don't care for it now.

janice said on Jul 29th, 2009 6:49 pm
I received this color (Dark Room) and was so disappointed !!!. It wasn\'t at all what I wanted. I have been watching your blog for a few weeks and have seen photos of Nars Zulu on line. I took an empty bottle and mixed Dark Room and New York Summer Amaranth and I have frankened something that looks very close to the photos of Nars Zulu that I have seen. Now I am not so disappointed about purchasing Dark Room !!!!

Judy said on Jul 30th, 2009 9:41 am
Ok, only one more comment on this LOL!!! I finally did my swatches and had to share with you since I now love Dark Room and I also give your swatch post a shout-out because yours are different from mine and I thought it might be good to demonstrate the versatility of the color! http://beautyjudy.wordpress.com/2009/07/30/thursday-poll-730-and-omg-enchanted-forest-and-dark-room/

Jess said on Jul 31st, 2009 12:21 am
I really like it. A lot of people on Sephora were complaining that it looks nothing like it's description, but I'm actually quite fond of it.

tomatopink said on Aug 7th, 2009 12:41 am
Funny...about a week ago I commented here saying I didn't like the shade, but today I found it in a local Sephora, tried it on, and loved it! Steph's description of the color is accurate, but it's hard to capture in photos. If you can get your hands on it, give it a try. It's quite gorgeous. :)

Lecoquelicot said on Jul 4th, 2010 11:53 pm
Enchanted Forest looks the best!

Comments