Monday, August 10th, 2009

Go Green this Summer with Nubar

Nubar going green nail polish collection

Happy Monday, Ladies! It's August and Summer has offically kicked in high gear with blazing temperatures. And what better way to cool off with Nubar's fabulous Going Green Collection.

If you've been reading the nail blogs, you know this collection is hot, sweet and just plain incredible for us green nail polish fanatics! Thank you Nubar for making our nail polish dreams come true!

The going green collection is a limited edition release consisting of six bodacious greens from crème to shimmer - to holographic to duochrome; whatever your preference.

A litte Nubar History, if your not familar with the brand. In 2000, Nubar was founded as the healthy alternative for beautiful nails. After being affected by cancer within his own family, Nubar’s creative force, Noubar Abrahamian, was uniquely committed to his role as a pioneer in producing the highest quality nail care products that were free of formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP (phthalate). These common ingredients are included in California’s Proposition 65, which lists chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm, and nubar’s exclusive formula omits these components as well as their derivatives without sacrificing quality.

You guys ready for some swatches?

Nubar Reclain green holo nail polish

Nubar going green nail polish collection

Introducing the first true green holo on the market, Reclaim. A light grassy green holo that screams hotness.

Nubar Forest nail polish swatch

Nubar going green nail polish collection

Forest, a rich forest green creme that's a tad bit lighter than RBL's Recycle.

Nubar Conserve nail polish swatch

Nubar go green nail polish colllection

Conserve, a gorgeous green teal loaded with glitter. A bit more green than blue.

Nubar Wildlife nail polish swatch

Nubar go green nail polish colection

Nubar has some amazing duochrome shades and Wildlife being one of them. A mossy green when applied at first that flashes bronze, pink and green at the same time. Wowzers!

Nubar Earth nail polish swatch

Nubar Go Green nail polish collection

Earth is a more blue version of Conserve loaded with glitter.

Nubar Greener nail polish swatch

Nubar going green nail polish collection

Greener is a rich, dark emerald green shimmer that's absolutely stunning!

Now let's talk about application...Perfecto, every single one of them! Even though I'm a die hard three coater, you could get by with two coats on each color.

The Going Green collection is still available online at ByNubar, don't miss out on this fabulous release. Have a wonderful night!

skgoh said on Aug 11th, 2009 1:03 am
They're gorgeous! I like Forest best. But sadly, they don't ship to Singapore :(

MrsTee said on Aug 11th, 2009 1:39 am
Steph, Thanks for posting ...i love to see your swatches. I went to the website because wildlife, reclaim, and greener are really calling me. I wish they sold them individually. :(

Lucy said on Aug 11th, 2009 5:08 am
I ordered my collection as soon as they came out. Green is my favorite nail color. Each one is more gorgeous than the other. I've only worn Wildlife so far. It's such an amazing shade. Everytime the light hit my nails I would have to stop and admire them!

Brittany said on Aug 11th, 2009 9:16 am
Beautiful swatches, darling! I LOVE this collection. Of course Reclaim is my favorite with Wildfire coming in at a close 2nd.

skgoh said on Aug 11th, 2009 9:57 am
@MrsTee Yes they do. Check out http://www.bynubar.com

Judy said on Aug 11th, 2009 10:33 am
*Squeals of delight!* These swatches are perfect timing for me...I've been tracking my UPS package of this collection and it's due to be at my doorstep today! I can not wait to try these greens, they really did an awesome job on color!!!! Thanks!

Tessi said on Aug 11th, 2009 10:51 am
Hi Steph! You know I have a fondness for green nail polish. Forest is the one I like the most from this collection, what a little beauty!

Steph said on Aug 11th, 2009 2:42 pm
Hi Skgoh, Thanks! That's such a bummer! :( Do you know anyone in the US that can send it to you? Hi Mrs. Tee, Thanks so much! Nubar does sell this collection individually, but it looks liks some colors are out of stock :) Hi Lucy, You lucky girl! Aren't they all amazing?! Hi Brittany, Thanks so much!! I really loved Reclaim too, I'm a holo fanatic! Thanks so much for the info Skgoh! Hi Judy, Oh man, you are going to love every single one of them! A big Kudos for Nubar! Hi Tessi, You would love them all! :)

Glockoma said on Aug 11th, 2009 10:01 pm
I never had any Nubar polishes, but I bought that entire Go Green collection except for Reclaim (only because the eBay seller sold out at the time of that particular shade). Tried wearing Forest, and it's super gorgeous and you're right...it's the perfect formula that goes on like a dream! I'm very impressed by Nubar, and will definitely buy more. Hope they make even more greens - there can never be enough!

Angie said on Aug 17th, 2009 3:42 am
Those are such BEAUTIFUL colours!

liv said on Jul 29th, 2010 6:47 pm
this colors are amazing, where do we get this nail polish?

Comments