Friday, September 4th, 2009

MAC Cosmetics: Nail Trend FW 09 by Jin Soon

MAC Jin Soon Choi Nail Collection

Collection: MAC Nail Trend F/W 09, Nail Lacquer .34 oz
Price: $12.00/ea
Steph's Rating:
Buy it: MAC Cosmetics, MAC Stores

More than a colour statement, an of-the-moment approach that dazzles with innovation and style. How to do it? Enter Jin Soon, much-sought-after nail guru who has worked the shows, collaborating with us to create nail colours exclusively for M∙A∙C.

I’m excited to bring you MAC’s latest collaboration called Nail Trend, created by professional nail artist, Jin Soon Choi. In this new collection, we have a variety of six falltastic runway colors ranging from luscious chocolate to blackened teal, army green to party purple and cool lavender to brick house red.

A little Jin Soon Choi  Aside from Jin’s incredible talent, she owns a Natural Hand and Foot Spa located in New York City where you’ll find the best nail art around - even the celebrities are taking notice. Known for her “No Airbrush” rule, you’ll walk out with a Choi masterpiece.

Are you ready for some swatches?

MAC Cosmetics Cool Reserve Nail Polish

Cool Reserve is one cool Cat and I have nothing close to compare. It's a grayed out lavender creme that coordinates perfectly with the ongoing gray trend.

MAC Cosmetics Dry Martini Nail Polish

Jin Soon Choi for MAC Nail Trends 09

Dry Martini, not quite olive nor army green - perhaps a mix of both rolled around in the mud. As much as I raise my eyebrows with Dry Martini, I find myself drawn to the strange and unusual color.

MAC Cosmetics Beyond Jealous nail polish

Jin Soon MAC Cosmetics nail polish collection

Beyond Jealous, a blackened Teal and just in case you're wondering, Beyond Jealous is a bit greener compared to Sephora's Dark Room. But, both are similar.

MAC Cosmetics Dance All Night Nail Polish

Jin Soon for MAC Cosmetics FW 09

Dance All Night, A red brick house creme.

MAC Rich, Dark and Delicious nail polish

MAC Cosmetics Jin Soon Nail Collection

Rich, Dark, Delicous is one of my faves from the collection, a blackened chocolate with very subtle shimmer that dries to a creamy texture.

MAC For Fun nail polish swatch

Purple with Mint Green Polka Dot Nail Art

For Fun is a fun party purple, and paired up with MAC's Peppermint Patti makes one sassy combination. Don't you love how the mint green polka dots pop on this purple grape?

All in All, Nail Trends F/W 09 hit the spot. Each cream shade flowed perfectly on my nails with minor application issues. And, not to mention the fabulous color selection to choose from.

What do you guys think? Love this, hate this? Favorites?

Flavia said on Sep 4th, 2009 7:34 am
Before seeing your swatches of this collection I thought I didn't like any of these, but they kinda all look amazing on you!

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:34 pm
Thanks so much!!

skgoh said on Sep 4th, 2009 7:53 am
Your nail art is gorgeous! How do you make such nice, perfectly round polka dots? (I know nothing about nail art.) There doesn't seem to be anything spectacular about the collection, sadly :( I wouldn't pay 12 bucks for such prosaic colours. Especially not Dry Martini! It looks lke something's gone bad. But thanks for your beautiful swatches!

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:34 pm
Aww, thanks so much! I would be completely lost without my Dotting Tool from Sally's Beauty. Have you tried a dotting tool? I swear by them :)

Stephanie said on Sep 4th, 2009 8:01 am
I'm a fan of Cool Reserve and Dry Martini. I picked up Dry Martini last week but haven't worn it yet. I've been hoping that it's close to RBL No More War, but seeing your [beautiful] swatch makes me think it's browner. Oh well. I still think it's a great color for fall :D

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:36 pm
It's definitely much browner than No More War

kelliegonzo said on Sep 4th, 2009 10:40 am
dry martini looks great on you! and i love dance all night, wasn't expecting that <3

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:31 pm
Thanks so much! I really liked Dance All Night also, and I'm not a big red fan :)

Judy said on Sep 4th, 2009 7:42 pm
I am so-so on this collection, but the more I see it the more I want Dry Martini and Beyond Jealous!

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:30 pm
Hi Judy,
Definitely splurge on Dry Martini!

Glockoma said on Sep 4th, 2009 10:34 pm
Dry Martini looks amazing because it's a swampy sort of green that I don't have in my collection and have been looking for. Off the top of your head, do you know of any other polishes that look similar to Dry Martini?

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:28 pm
No, it's completely unique! A Definite must have!

melvel said on Sep 10th, 2009 11:35 pm
RBL’s No More War. But that’s more expensive, so just get Dry Martini.

rijaH said on Sep 4th, 2009 11:30 pm
Not really any colors that seems that interesting. Dry Martini reminds me of something i dont wanna write. Im quite disappointed with this collection :(

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:37 pm
Aww :( Dry Martini took some time to get used to :)

Regine said on Sep 5th, 2009 12:33 pm
I've already ordered Beyond Jealous and Rich Dark Delicious. Can't wait to get them, but I'm more in love with RDD at the moment.

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:26 pm
Hi Regine,
Rich, Dark, Delicious is a chocolate sensation! Gorgeous! Surprisingly, one of my faves :)

trisha said on Sep 6th, 2009 10:50 pm
ugh im really torn. ALU's swatch of beyond jealous makes it seem very green but ur swatches make it look really dark [perhaps even black in low lighting] so i don't know whether i want it or not any more :(

Steph said on Sep 7th, 2009 6:23 pm
Hi Trisha,
It's on the darkened side. Think blackend teal! :)

melvel said on Sep 10th, 2009 10:26 pm
Isn't cool reserve similar to Parlez Vous Opi?

Steph said on Sep 10th, 2009 11:47 pm
No, both are completely different. Cool Reserve is more in the Gray family and Parlez-vous in the purple.

Comments