Tuesday, September 8th, 2009

Halloween Collection: Milani Black Magic

Milani Black Magic Nail Lacquer

Collection: Milani Black Magic, Nail Lacquer 0.45 oz
Price: $3.49/ea
Steph's Rating: Steph's 4.5 Kisses Rating
Buy it: Meijer, CVS or other Stores

Hope y'all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! It's dreary and rainy on this Tuesday afternoon. The good news, it's a short week for us work-goers. Let's ring in the new season with a drugstore favorite of mine, Milani.

Halloween is undoubtedly one of my favorite holidays of the year, so it's no surprise I fell over heels for Milani's new Black Magic Collection. Aside from this new Fall collection, Milani hit the scene with two more limited edition releases sure to love, Vintage and Welcome Back Color.

In Black Magic, you'll find two qualities I adore: Black and Glitter, Yes Glittah! Each color is based in a thin, semi-sheer black jelly loaded with sparkling glitter. My Application was like most Milani's - smooth, excellent and dries to a non gritty finish. Noted below, you'll find the average coat-age on my swatches.

Let's down to biz-nass, shall we?

Milani Magical nail polish swatch

Milani Black Magic nail polish collection

Magical - A Black jelly loaded with brown glitter.

Milani Fairy Tale nail polish

Milani Black Magic Halloween Collection

Fairy Tale - A Black loaded with blue glitter.

Milani Charmed Nail Polish Swatch

Milani Halloween Nail Polish Collection

Charmed - A Black with loaded silver glitter.

Milani Enchantment Nail Polish Swatch

Enchantment - A Black with "ink" blue glitter.

Milani Whimsical Nail Polish Swatch

Milani Black Magic Nail Polish Collection

Whimsical - A Black jelly loaded with purple glitter.

Milani Spellbinding Nail Polish

Milani Halloween Nail Polish Collection

Spellbinding - A Black jelly loaded with red glitter.

Before you ask about dupes, I haven't pulled out any glitters to officially compare. But, I can probably think of around 20 look-alikes off the top of my head.

Milani's Black Magic Collection should be available at stores for a limited time only.

Do we have any Milani fans? What's your favorite drugstore brand?

Missrayz said on Sep 8th, 2009 1:14 pm
I found the milani display at cvs and picked up fairytale and whimsical. They also had out the welcome back to color display and i got sparkling blue and flamboyant in green (dont you just love that name, flamboyant in green!!) Steph, if you havent already seen flamboyant, it it is gorgeous!

Judy said on Sep 8th, 2009 1:16 pm
I tried Milani a couple months back and was unhappy with it. But I bought six of the Welcome Back Color collection, so I'm willing to give it another shot!! These are nice colors, but I will probably skip!

Steph said on Sep 10th, 2009 11:50 pm
Really? Aww, I love Milani! Hopefully you'll have better luck the second go around :)

dwj said on Sep 8th, 2009 1:28 pm
Well damn, this made me want to get up and go straight to my CVS. These colors are pretty gorgeous and the price is right. Love it!

rmcandlelight said on Sep 8th, 2009 1:37 pm
Lovely...spellbound looks like garnet gems.

Rosebee said on Nov 3rd, 2009 10:25 am
rmcandlelight: 27a Garnet Gems by Milani!!! My thoughts exactly. As far as the new "limited edition" colours, I got 139 radiant In Purple(LOVE) and 140 Shimmering Purple(so-so). My complaint w/ 140SP is that the bars/strips of glitter (not the round typical glitter) ended up near the edge of my nail and caused the polish to rip off nearly 12 hrs. later. ~Peace~

Lindsey said on Sep 8th, 2009 3:10 pm
those are gorgeous! could you do some comparison swatches?

Lucy said on Sep 8th, 2009 3:19 pm
I've never tried Milani. I may have to with all that glittah. But I'll wait to see if there are any dupes. They do look like familiar colours. I like Whimsical, Spellbinding and Magical. I await your dupe post.

Niki said on Sep 8th, 2009 3:44 pm
Oooh, just as pretty as I anticipated! I went to CVS yesterday, mine doesn't have these in yet. They only had one collection in, I picked up three polishes from it. I'll be on the lookout for the other two, especially this. I'm such a sucker for black with glitter! I think I like all of these. Haha. I actually have had great luck with Milani polishes, I really like them. Wet N Wild are hit or miss for me, but I'd say more hit than miss. I've only a couple Rimmel I like, but my fave so far has been Sally Hansen.

Stephanie said on Sep 8th, 2009 4:21 pm
You mentioned a limited edition collection called Welcome Back Color...what does that collection look like? I'm really loving Magical. Milani is a great brand but I don't have many of them for some reason.

echo7 said on Sep 8th, 2009 5:26 pm
Do these dry smooth or are they bumpy? I like glitters that dry smooth, otherwise I tend not to get them. I love a lot of these colors!

Steph said on Sep 10th, 2009 11:54 pm
These dry perfectly smooth, you'll love them!

Candihart said on Sep 8th, 2009 9:02 pm
I have these on the way and I'm soooo excited! Great swatches as usual Steph!

Dee said on Sep 8th, 2009 10:07 pm
Thanks for the swatches, that is really helpful for when I can actually find these darn things in my area! I want Magical, since I don't have anything like that at all.

Steph said on Sep 11th, 2009 12:01 am
Your so welcome! Magical is well, Magical! It's one of my faves :)

Judy said on Sep 13th, 2009 3:04 pm
Ok, so I tried the Welcome Back Color collection this week and I have a whole new opinion on Milani. I must've gotten a couple bad polishes before. I liked the WBC collection so much I even scored a couple of these Black Magic polishes(Whimsical, Magical and Fairy Tale)! I'll be linking back to your post here in my post on the Welcome Back Color polishes :) Thanks!

Angel Luv said on Oct 29th, 2009 10:27 pm
I really want to order the Milani Black magic collection on line but cannot find it anywhere I searched and searched. The CVS stores in my area do not have them. Help!

Steph said on Nov 3rd, 2009 11:30 am
Hi Angel Luv,
The Black Magic Collection is now available on CherryCulture.com! Hope this helps! :)

Comments