Thursday, October 1st, 2009

Hard Candy Officially Launches at Walmart

Hard Candy Frenzy Nail Polish

Please note: Picture above is not an accurate color representation.

Hard Candy Frenzy Nail Polish

Happy Thursday guys and dolls! Hopefully you're having a fantastic week! Today I'm bringing you a sneak peek at a prestigious cosmetics line that just launched at Walmart called, Hard Candy. Ever since WWD broke the exciting news, I've been dying to check out some of their products.

I apologize in advance for the poor quality of my NOTD. It's been cloudy the last two weeks and I haven't been able to capture quality images.

Frenzy is a new color from Hard Candy. It's an sky blue creme that applied like butter to perfection! The formula is opaque and a bit thick, but not overly.

Check out one more swatch below.

Hard Candy Break Up over Blue Nail Polish

Break Up is really cool. A glitter topper with hexagon shaped chunks that flash different colors depending on the lighting.

Check out some more pictures from Hard Candy's line.

Hard Candy Makeup Display Hard Candy Makeup Display at Walmart

Hard Candy Just Nails Nail Polish

Hard Candy Makeup Display

Hard Candy Nail Polish Makeup Display

Hard Candy is expected to roll out into 3,000 Walmart's by the end of this year. Stay tuned, I have some fabulous nail polish swatches to show you guys!

Who's on board for Hard Candy? Has the brand hit your Walmart yet?

Judy said on Oct 1st, 2009 7:42 pm
OMG! Some of those polishes look like I need to run right out and find my local Walmart that is stocking them and BUY THEM! Thanks for sharing the photos of the display, Steph!

Steph said on Oct 1st, 2009 8:14 pm
It's definitely worth the trip! Your welcome, my pleasure :)

Angie said on Oct 1st, 2009 8:08 pm
I'm so excited for this line! Must check my walmart ASAP! Thanks for the awesome pics, can't wait for your swatches!

Steph said on Oct 1st, 2009 8:16 pm
Me too! The collection rocks! You're very welcome :)

Mira said on Oct 1st, 2009 8:51 pm
I'm pretty excited about this launch! All the products seem like they are pretty reasonable, too! I can't wait to see more of your swatches.

Denny said on Oct 1st, 2009 9:13 pm
Oh I'm on board. lol I've already checked my walmart but nothing yet. I'll keep checking.

awesomevegan said on Oct 2nd, 2009 12:27 am
I wish their site was working so I could look at the products more. It has been "Under Construction" for SOOOO long. Guess I will have to check out a few Walmarts and see if I find any! I think they look really fun :)

Stephanie said on Oct 2nd, 2009 7:55 am
Hey Steph! I actually found these at my local Wal Mart (here in St. Louis) last night! I hadn't seen any color swatches on the web yet but I bought Lava and Hot Pants in the nail polish and then I got the Lash Tinsel Glitter Mascara in Spellbound. Haven't tried the nail polishes yet but I wore the mascara to work today and all the girls LOVED it! I'm uber excited about this new line and can't wait to see more of your swatches!!

christelpistol said on Oct 2nd, 2009 10:00 am
DO WANT! thanks for helping spend that last bit of my paycheck! still haven't found the Milani Halloween collection at ANY of my drugstores. i may have to incresae my radius!

Echo7 said on Oct 2nd, 2009 10:08 am
I HATE WalMart. But I guess I'll have to force myself to go there just for this. I love Hard Candy. I just wish they brought back their great pastel nail polish colors.

Chrissy said on Oct 2nd, 2009 10:47 am
I was browsing our Walmart for some lipgloss earlier this week and just about dropped my shopping basket when I saw Hard Candy display! OMG! It's FANTASTIC! I limited myself to just one thing - I picked out the "Mr. Wrong" polish and have been wearing it ever since. It is the MOST phenomenal dusty purple/metallic fleck... by far my favorite "dark" polish, and I have tons of polish! People, RUN, don't walk, to your nearest Walmart ASAP!!! I can't wait to try out more of this line... such fun colors!!!

Samantha said on Oct 2nd, 2009 11:13 am
I've been stalking my Wal-Mart now for the past couple weeks hoping to find the new Hard Candy line. Well, needless to say I've had no luck. Heck, the people at my Wal-Mart haven't even bothered making room for new goods, which is never a good sign. On the same front, it always seems like Iowa (where I live) absolutely NEVER gets anything good, which is always frustrating to me since pretty much the only way I can get my nail polish is by going to the stores.

shayna41 said on Oct 2nd, 2009 2:09 pm
I bought 4 colors yesterday. I LOVE them so much. I'm hoping for some re-releases of the pastels that made Hard Candy famous in the 90's!

panteragurl said on Oct 10th, 2009 3:06 am
Anyone tried any of the other Hard Candy Products besides the Nail Polish?

K.rita said on Nov 4th, 2009 2:37 pm
I agree with both Echo7, and Samantha- except I'll extend Samantha's complaint to the whole midwest! I live 15 blocks outside of Chicago, and our local Walmarts (yes, plural!) do not currently stock the Hard Candy line, nor have they made any shelf space indicating that there might be something new coming, and when you can actually find a harried worker to ask, they look at you as though you have lobsters growing out of your ears... Midwesterners deserve Hard Candy too! (and how about at Target?) I mean, give us a treat- we have to deal with awful winters!

Comments