Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009

Essie Sweet Time of the Year: Winter Collection

Essie Holiday 09 Collection

Product: Essie Winter 2009 Collection, Nail Lacquer 0.5 oz
Price: $8.00 Retail
Steph's Rating:
Buy it: Essie, Professional Salons, E-tailers

It's that Sweet, Sweet time of the year and this Winter Essie whips up three fun n' fresh, candy coated colors sure to please your cravings!

In this limited edition collection, we have a mixture of three juicy hues of red, pink and a luscious creme de menthe dessert you don't want to pass up. Each color applied like butter. The formula was pure perfection!

Check em' out!

Essie Lollipop Nail Polish

Essie Red Nail Polish

Lollipop is a juicy, mouth-watering red creme/jelly. It's a bit sheer and transparent on my nails as you can see in my first picture above.

Essie Rock Candy Nail Polish

Essie Sweet Time of the Year Collection

Rock Candy is a sheer pink that's very Essie-esque.

Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish

Essie Holiday Nail Polish Collection

I was most excited to swatch Mint Candy Apple and she does not disappoint! A perfect combination of blue and green pastel that's very unique. Looks great on most skin tones too!

Mint Green Side by Side Nail Polish Comparisons

For my dupe lovers, Mint Candy Apple is one of a kind. More blue than most mint greens I own, but not quite as blue as For Audrey.

And for my dotters!

Red with Mint Green Polka Dot Nail Art

Mint Green Nail Polish with Red Polka Dots

It wouldn't be the same without some fun polka dots? Which is your favorite? I think I like the red with mint green dots best.

Overall, Good Collection. A fun and refreshing breath of Holiday color. Mint Candy Apple is simply amazing; a definite must have Diva's! Application and formula perfecto!

Spill the beans, who picked up Mint Candy Apple? How fabulous is it? Have a wonderful night!

Krissy90220 said on Dec 2nd, 2009 11:41 pm
I bought Mint Candy Apple...it's gorgeous!

Steph said on Dec 3rd, 2009 12:19 am
Hi Krissy90220,
Awesome! I agree, it's fab! :)

Tami said on Dec 3rd, 2009 12:08 am
Love the polka dots. I swear you are the queen of polka dots. They look so uniform.

Steph said on Dec 3rd, 2009 12:21 am
Hi Tami,
Aww, Thanks so much! With a little time and lots of practice it's a piece of cake!

Sarah said on Dec 3rd, 2009 1:08 am
I got Mint Candy Apple and Lollipop, I'm using them for my Christmas mani/pedi this year! The polka dots are SO cute :)

Steph said on Dec 3rd, 2009 8:23 am
Great pick! They make wonderful X-mas colors! :)

Elizabeth said on Dec 3rd, 2009 1:21 am
I like the red with mint green dots best too. Cute! I think you have some of the cutest nails in the blogosphere. I love how they look with the Rock Candy on them. Very pretty! There is a dupe for mint candy apple...it's Nfu Oh #179 http://polishhoarderdisorder.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-like-committing-treason.html Based on price alone, I think Essie wins!

keri said on Dec 3rd, 2009 6:57 am
mint candy apple is sold out everywhere i've looked! i've been looking since i first saw the ads for it!

Steph said on Dec 3rd, 2009 8:18 am
Hi Keri,
It looks like Mint Candy Apple is still available online at the Etailers - Transdesign, Head2Toe or Victoria Nail Supply :)

Colette said on Dec 3rd, 2009 8:25 am
Just a quick note on Mint Candy Apple having a dupe - looks like it's very close to Nfu-Oh #172 over at Polish Hoarder Disorder. Different in the bottle but almost identical on the nail. (http://polishhoarderdisorder.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-like-committing-treason.html)

keerthi said on Dec 3rd, 2009 9:25 am
I really like the red w/ mint green dots as well... makes me think of a vintage bathing suit!

Stephanie said on Dec 3rd, 2009 11:44 am
I got Mint Candy Apple a while ago but I\'m not in love with it. It\'s bluer than I thought it would be. Maybe I just need to try it again.

auroragyps said on Dec 3rd, 2009 2:47 pm
I'm wearing Mint Candy Apple right now. while putting it on last night, I found it a tad thick, but a few drops of thinner fixed that right up. I like it and while I wish it was a bit more green, I'm going to leave it as it is.

svennika said on Dec 5th, 2009 7:28 am
just bought lollipop and mint candy apple today, looking forward to my xmas mani/ pedi - guess i'll try the polka dots, they're sweet :-)

Lucy said on Dec 10th, 2009 4:35 pm
I adore your polka dot manicures! They are beautiful. I most definitely have to get the Mint Candy Apple. I don't know what I'm waiting for.

taylor said on Dec 29th, 2009 12:17 pm
I bought MCA and lollipop! I love them both. The red is a great red!

Comments