Saturday, January 2nd, 2010

Chanel Spring 2010: Les Impressions De Chanel

Chanel Spring 10 nail polish collection

Product: Les Impressions De Chanel Collection, Nail Lacquer .40 oz
Price: $23.00/ea
Steph's Rating: Stephs Rating 3.8 Kisses
Buy it: Chanel, Chanel Counters, Nordies

This Spring, the Les Impressions de Chanel collection brings us a palette of three neutral nail lacquers ranging from sheer pink and classic nude to a grayed out muddy brown.

Let's get to the swatches, shall we?

Chanel Tendresse Nail Polish

Chanel Spring 2010 Nail Polish Collection

Tendresse is a soft pink that's your typical spring shade. Tendresse may not be completely sheer like most neutral pinks. You can get by with three coats for decent coverage and four coats for full coverage.

Chanel Particuliere Nail Polish

Chanel Les Impressions De Chanel Vernis Swatches

Chanel describes Particuliere as a grey creme, which is a little misleading. It fits into the mushroom/taupe/brown category. All you need is two coats to get the job done - the pigmentation is fabulous. If you're into mushroom shades right now, this is definitely worth the splurge.

Chanel Particuliere Nail Polish Comparisons

I have some bad news for your pocketbooks. Particuliere does not have an exact dupe. It falls somewhere between OPI's Over the Taupe and Avon's Nocturnal. OPI's leans towards a mauvey-brown and Avon's is much darker like You Don't Know Jacques.

Edit: I've had a lot of questions regarding Essie's Mink Muffs and Orly's Prince Charming as close dupes. Just to clarify, both colors are much darker than Chanel Particuliere. Check out another comparison of Mink Muffs

Chanel Inattendu Nail Polish

Chanel Inattendu with Polka Dots

Inattendu is a classic nude-beige cream with peachy undertones. A nice Au Naturel with good coverage, but not for me.

Overall, a nice selection of neutrals for Spring. Particuliere is the standout color from Les Impressions. Inattendu and Tendresse are nice, but can easily be duped. if you're looking for flesh or mannequin type shades, Essie has a good variety to choose from.

Does Particuliere live up to your expectations? Are you picking up any shades from Les Impressions? Have a wonderful Saturday!

rijaH said on Jan 2nd, 2010 4:16 pm
Wow didnt know it was already out.. lucky you to have them already.. I must own the Particuliere! Its so nice :)

Steph said on Jan 3rd, 2010 1:06 pm
Hi Rijah,
It's hot off the press!! Particuliere is a winner :)

Stephanie said on Jan 2nd, 2010 9:28 pm
Is the pink a jelly? It kind of looks like it in your swatch.

Steph said on Jan 3rd, 2010 11:46 am
Hi Stephanie,
Tendresse is a glossy creme/jelly like most sheer textures.

Angel69 said on Jan 2nd, 2010 9:28 pm
Thanks so much for comparison swatches!! I feel so much better knowing it's unique! I agree with you on the other two, so Meh! Happy Holidays!

Bella said on Jan 3rd, 2010 11:25 am
I've heard on Makeup Alley that Essie's Mink Muffs is a exact dupe? Is that true?

Steph said on Jan 3rd, 2010 11:42 am
Hi Bella,
No, I would classify Essie's Mink Muffs more of a brown tone. Chanel's Particuliere has grey undertones that takes on a mushroom/taupe shade. Hope that helps!

Molly said on Jan 3rd, 2010 12:57 pm
Hey Steph! Great info, thanks so much! What about Sephora's Metro Chic, Sally Hansen Commander in Chic or Rimmel's Gray Steel? I saw all three in your awesome gallery?

Steph said on Jan 3rd, 2010 7:42 pm
Hi Molly,
Nope three times! Metro Chic, Commander in Chic and Grey Steel is more purple toned compared to Particuliere.

Daniele said on Jan 3rd, 2010 3:40 pm
Hey Steph! How are you? I put your great photos at my website to show to my brazilian readers and polishes addicted like us, the Chanel´s new colors! I gave you the credits! Hope that you don´t mind. Congrats for your blogs. I really adore it! xoxo Dani the post: http://unhabonita.virgula.uol.com.br/colecao-les-impressions-de-chanel-os-novos-queridinhos-da-chanel/

Lyn said on Jan 3rd, 2010 5:11 pm
Hi! I love reading your blog, it's the only place I could find Dior's Paprika polish, for instance. Thanks so much for making swatches available to so many! I recently came across the Dior Boudoir Spring 2010 collection early (due out Jan 15th) and purchased Gris Perle in 604 (titanium silver grey) and have some swatches of it up on my blog. Please feel free to share with your readers, I only ask that you give credit to the blog, and keep it up. I love your polish reviews :) http://me.cherrymuffin.com/

PolishedPrude said on Jan 4th, 2010 4:49 am
It's so good to finally see the colors that were gracing the runways for New York Fashion week up close and personal. They're absolutely stunning.

Arrianne said on Jan 6th, 2010 4:28 pm
This collection is kinda meh to me. Definitely not worth the cost of Chanel.

StacyMarie said on Jan 15th, 2010 8:33 am
For my very first nail polish ever from Chanel, I chose Particuliere. All I can say is LOVE IT!!! Within 2 hours of putting it on, I received 3 compliments on it. It is GORGEOUS! Of course, I checked out your swatches first Steph. Thanks!!!

SoVeryFabulous said on Jan 19th, 2010 6:22 am
I really like these colours, and thanks for posting the closest dupes for Particuliere. I really like that colour, but may just opt for getting OPI Over the Taupe. Funny, I almost picked that one up last week, I'll have to go back for it!

Oliver said on Jan 31st, 2010 9:56 am
Trying to purchase Chanel Particuliere, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Where are y'all getting it?

Steph said on Jan 31st, 2010 10:19 am
Hi Oliver,
It looks like Chanel Particuliere is sold out everywhere online. You can check your local Chanel counter or Ebay.

Cat said on Feb 24th, 2010 12:15 am
I think the nearest dupe for Particuliere is Urban Outfitters Grey 2.

Annigje said on Feb 24th, 2010 10:30 am
Do you know if Essie Van D'go is close to Inattendu?

Steph said on Feb 24th, 2010 11:24 am
Hi Annigje,
No, both are completely different. Chanel Inattendu is more like a nude/fleshy color and Essie Van D'go is a bright, pale pastel. Hope that helps!

Annigje said on Feb 24th, 2010 2:20 pm
Thank you so much! Do you know a good dupe of Chanel Inattendu? Thank you!

Comments