Monday, February 8th, 2010

Nails of the Day: Arissa in Rockin Amethyst

Arissa Rockin' Amethyst Nail Polish

Arissa Purple Jelly Nail Polish

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Today I'm bringing you what I'd like to call an "unofficial" bargain of the day. The color itself is insane - purple, jelly, flecks! But tracking this gem down may be the gray area, which is why it didn't make the official cut.

Arissa in Rockin' Amethyst is a juicy purple jelly laced with blue shimmer/glitter throughout. I think it's safe to call this glitter/shimmer combo a glass fleck goodness. And the application - perfect in three coats.

Where can I find this? You can start looking at Family Dollar, General Dollar, Deals, etc... Any Dollar Store that usually carries higher priced items. The cost is $2.00/each (.5 oz).

What do you think of Rockin' Amethyst? Have you ever tried Arissa Nail Polishes?

Crystal Polish said on Feb 9th, 2010 10:18 am
*sigh* I have been searching for polishes/brands that are a cool find like this for a while now. All the dollar type stores around here seem to carry zero polish. It is a little heartbreaking. :(

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:20 pm
Hi Crystal Polish,
Hang in there! My Dollar Store was the exact same way too, then one day poof nail polish appeared! :)

Elizabeth said on Feb 9th, 2010 10:27 am
That's one solidly gorgeous purple. My town doesn't allow dollar stores...we're just too darned fancy I guess. Maybe this weekend I'll take the 50 minute drive south to the town of the dollar store and everything else that is wonderfully affordable. :) I want to find this one!

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:22 pm
Hi Elizabeth,
Bummer, Dollar Stores rock! It's a beauty, definitely worth the search! :)

Jackie S. said on Feb 9th, 2010 11:36 am
This is an awesome nail color! I'll have to search my "dollar tree" store, or my "99 cent" store this weekend!

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:23 pm
Hi Jackie,
You won't be disappointed! Hope you can find this one :)

Nessa said on Feb 9th, 2010 12:09 pm
I have this but I haven't used it yet. So beautiful! Soon...

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:24 pm
You need to bump this one to the front! It's so pretty!

Glockoma said on Feb 10th, 2010 12:39 am
This is proof that you can never have too many purples in a nail-polish collection! Hehe...it's a stunner for sure! And your nails are so cute.

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:26 pm
Hi Glockoma,
Amen to that!! :) Awwe, you're so sweet!

Lynn Chrisman said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:11 am
I think that this line is available on Cherry Culture.

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:28 pm
Hi Lynn,
You are correct! The line is available on Cherry Culture or Arissa Studios, sadly Rockin' Amethyst is a discontinued color.

Jeanette said on Feb 10th, 2010 12:01 pm
Oh my! What a pretty nail polish! :o *swoons* I couldn't find Rockin' Amethyst at cherryculture. :(

Steph said on Feb 10th, 2010 9:29 pm
Hi Jeanette,
I know, BOO! It's a discontinued color :(

Jeanette said on Feb 11th, 2010 5:32 pm
Oh noez! :{ Why do they discontinue such a pretty nail polish?

Sanna said on Feb 24th, 2010 9:34 am
wow! That looks amazing

Laura said on Mar 6th, 2010 3:19 am
I'm not gonna lie, right now i have over 15 different purples in my collection... i have a problem. This kind of reminds me of the Hot Topic purple! (which is in my top 3 favorite purples)

Comments