Monday, May 31st, 2010

Coming Soon: Avon Going Green for Summer

Avon Jade and Olive Green

Avon is embracing the ever so popular mint green trend this Summer with two new colors to the Nailwear Pro line. Jade, a green based (not blue, holla!) mint creme and Olive Green, a dusty green (think JITB) creme. Check out the swatches now!

Both Jade and Olive Green will be available online sometime in June.New Scented Nail Polish

Also new in June, Color Trend Ice Sheer Nail Enamels available in three colors: (L-R) Luscious Lemon, Delicious Berry and Refreshing Pear. Once dried each shade has a fruitalicious scent.

These are now available with campaign 13 and online starting in June.  If you love green, don't miss out on Jade and Olive Green, both are definite keepers!

Avon Jade and Olive Green

EDIT: Since it may be a while before I get to swatch these, here's a quick bottle picture above. Ladies, these are definitely worth picking up! Jade is a green based mint and Olive Green is a grey based green. If you're thinking Rescue Beauty Lounge Orbis Non Sufficit, you've guessed right! They're practically twins!

Halifax said on May 31st, 2010 7:36 pm
My Avon lady already had Campaign 13 out, so I ordered Jade. Don't know I should get Olive Green too, lol. Maybe I'll wait for your swatches :)

Steph said on Jun 1st, 2010 12:10 am
Hi Halifax,
Awesome! What did you think of Jade? I should have swatches very soon :)

Glockoma said on Jun 1st, 2010 7:10 pm
Thanks for the heads up, Steph! I'm a huge green-polish fan, so this is right up my alley. And how convenient: there's a woman at work who sells Avon. I'll have to place my order when it's available.

Steph said on Jun 3rd, 2010 9:12 pm
Hi Glockoma,
You're very welcome! Awesome!! You won't be disappointed!!

Christi said on Jun 1st, 2010 10:20 pm
I have all these. Aren't they great?! Did you see the demo book for capn 15? 4 new pastel cremes. I love when they are @ the demo price. Do you have blue flare or mink vison, they actually have a vamp too. darker than tweed.

Steph said on Jun 3rd, 2010 9:16 pm
Hi Christi,
Oooh, are they pastel? It was hard to tell by the promo pictures, but yes saw those along with new Speed Dry colors for summer! I'm definitely curious about Urban Gray!

Carol said on Jun 2nd, 2010 11:53 pm
Hi Steph, Thanks for the heads up. I think both of these are must haves!

Steph said on Jun 3rd, 2010 9:17 pm
Hi Carol,
Absolutely, ditto!!

rmcandlelight said on Jun 3rd, 2010 1:36 pm
Just emailed my avon lady. Will being ordering them all :) Thanks for sharing :) Please checkout my blog nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com Thank you :)

Steph said on Jun 3rd, 2010 9:18 pm
Hi rmcandlelight,
Yahh!! Love your blog, your nails are gorgeous!

Jenni said on Jun 3rd, 2010 2:54 pm
I do hope these (Jade and Olive) turn out as good as they look because they look goooooood. Can't wait for swatches!

Steph said on Jun 3rd, 2010 9:20 pm
Hi Jenni,
I can vouch for Avon's Jade, it's really gorgeous!! About two shades deeper than OPI's Damone Roberts 1968

Nicol said on Jun 10th, 2010 6:32 pm
hi, i just stumbled across your website and i think its amazing! just out of curiosity are those your real nails, or do u have gels?

Steph said on Jun 11th, 2010 9:10 pm
Hi Nicol,
Awww, thanks so much for stopping in!! Yes, those are my natural nails :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jennifer said on Jun 12th, 2010 9:50 am
Is Jade similar to MAC Peppermint Patti? It looks like it from the bottle pic.

Steph said on Jun 14th, 2010 1:12 pm
Hi Jennifer,
No, it's much different. Avon's Jade has a lot more depth (as far as color) and Peppermint Patti is more pastel.

Jackie S. said on Jun 14th, 2010 3:05 pm
Olive is on my hit list! :)

Kirn said on Jun 14th, 2010 3:52 pm
Hi, I just want to know that is Jade similar to china glaze's re-freshment? And I have not ordered from a long time, but are their nail polishes pricey?

Steph said on Jun 14th, 2010 4:39 pm
Hi Kirn,
No, it's not. Refresh-mint is much more pale and pastel. The closest to Avon's Jade I have (not exact dupes) is OPI DR1968 http://www.stephscloset.com/blog/gallery/id/2992/damone-roberts-1968-nail-polish

Avon's Nail Polishes are pretty reasonable. Regularly priced at $5.00, but you can find them on sale around $2.99/ea!

Gejba said on Jun 18th, 2010 3:18 pm
These shades look great!

stregalice said on Jul 14th, 2010 10:31 am
I was waiting for these shades to be available also here in Italy when two greens with different names showed up on the catalogue, I wonder if they are the same shades... weird!

Comments