Wednesday, August 11th, 2010

Estee Lauder Surreal Violet for Fall 2010

Estee Lauder Surreal Violet

Estee Lauder Fall 2010 Nail Color

Surreal Violet ($18) is Estee Lauder's latest and greatest from the fall 2010 collection, Blue Dahlia - Surreal Violet. It's a neutral mixture of purple, greige, and mauve sprinkled with beautiful copper/bronze shimmer.

The formula is very smooth, and applies semi sheer after the first layer with buildable coverage. If you're looking for that lavender putty pay-off, I would highly recommend using three thicker coats. Since it's easy to work with, you shouldn't have any problems with dragging color or leaving bald areas on the nail.

Overall, is Surreal Violet pretty? Most definitely! Am I head over heels in love? Not quite! But maybe after a few wears I'll warm up to it.

Let's get to the downfall, which is a price tag of $18.00 for .3 oz.  I'd say if you love it, go for it! If you don't, opt for Essie's Demure Vixen. Keep in mind Demure Vixen is not an exact dupe, just a budget savvy substitute.

What do you guys think of Surreal Violet? Does this get two thumbs up or the boot? Have a great night!

Bunny said on Aug 11th, 2010 11:11 pm
Thumbs down! This is nothing extraordinary; pretty and safe.

Emily said on Aug 11th, 2010 11:21 pm
It looks a little too princess to me with the sparkles and the violet. Not worth $18 IMO!

augusta said on Aug 11th, 2010 11:40 pm
woah! 18 dollars for three ounces-i'll pass. nice color though

kelliegonzo said on Aug 12th, 2010 12:13 am
it's weird and i like it! idk if i'll buy it, but it's definitely pretty!

Rosa said on Aug 12th, 2010 12:37 am
I like that color. I have some Estee nail polishes. They have nice colors and packaging; however, I found the nail polishes don't dry fast and the formula can become pretty thick after awhile.

Ling said on Aug 12th, 2010 5:03 am
although this is pretty, i find i actually prefer Demure Vixen

Karli said on Aug 14th, 2010 4:16 pm
Like most people, I'm budgeting my polish purchases. But I think I'll be getting this! I don't own any Estee Lauder polishes so I'm hoping I like the formula. But I must say I'm really digging the color! I'm sure that I'll be craving rich shades in a month or so, but right now safe & neutral is really doing it for me.

GwenSA said on Aug 15th, 2010 8:40 pm
I\'ve read nothing but good things about Lauder\'s polishes, and I like this color, especially w/the copper bronze shimmer.

taxi said on Aug 18th, 2010 1:48 pm
Love it! Just got it & it's a great color for my light, pinkish skin. Most of the "greige" polishes are either too dark or too gray to look good on me. This is *Office Appropriate* with a subtle kick.

rmcandlelight said on Aug 26th, 2010 8:04 am
I think it's pretty unique and I'm going to order it :)

Sass said on Sep 7th, 2010 12:15 am
I got a lot of compliments the first day I wore this polish. It reminds me of an old Brucci nail polish I currently have that I bought years ago (no name on it - bleh) so I had to have this one. It's beautiful!

Blow-Drying Curly Hair said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:54 am
Hi WOwwwwwwwwwwww so nice shade. Lovely.

Comments