Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 48

Notice: Use of undefined constant ban_ip - assumed 'ban_ip' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: login_em in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 70

Notice: Use of undefined constant unsubscribe - assumed 'unsubscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 91

Notice: Use of undefined constant unsubscribe - assumed 'unsubscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 280

Notice: Undefined variable: year in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 7

Notice: Undefined variable: month in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_headline - assumed 'blog_headline' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant category_name - assumed 'category_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 19

Notice: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: reply in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog - assumed 'blog' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: approve-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: delete-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: edit-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant category_name - assumed 'category_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_admin in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_un in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: edit_blog_link in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 61

Notice: Undefined variable: body in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: views in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 125

Notice: Undefined variable: comment_block in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: approve-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 58

Notice: Undefined index: unsubscribe in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: edit-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 105

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_admin in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 377

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_name - assumed 'comment_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 413

Notice: Undefined index: comment_name in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 413

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_email - assumed 'comment_email' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 414

Notice: Undefined index: comment_email in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 414

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_url - assumed 'comment_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 415

Notice: Undefined index: comment_url in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 415

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_notify - assumed 'comment_notify' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 417

Notice: Undefined index: comment_notify in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 417

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_comment - assumed 'comment_comment' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 419

Notice: Undefined variable: error_name in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 504

Notice: Undefined variable: error_email in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 506

Notice: Undefined variable: error_url in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 507

Notice: Undefined variable: comment_comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 509

Notice: Undefined variable: error_comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 510

Notice: Undefined variable: error_verify in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 516
Chanel and Milani Cosmetics Nail Polish Dupes
Notice: Undefined variable: page_image in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 221

Notice: Use of undefined constant link - assumed 'link' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant share - assumed 'share' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant vote - assumed 'vote' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant subscribe - assumed 'subscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 245

Notice: Undefined variable: blog in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 369

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_ext - assumed 'advertising_ext' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 28

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_ext - assumed 'advertising_ext' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 29

Notice: Undefined variable: success_message in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 40

Notice: Undefined variable: error_message in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant favorite_types - assumed 'favorite_types' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: favorite_types in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 61

Notice: Use of undefined constant search_text - assumed 'search_text' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 116

Notice: Undefined index: search_text in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 116

Notice: Undefined variable: tag in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 127

Wednesday, September 1st, 2010

Splurge vs Steal: Chanel and Milani

Splurge vs Steal Chanel and Milani

One thing I've learned from Beauty Blogging is there's always a dupe or substitute somewhere around the corner. You may not be able to find it now, but don't worry; just when you're about to hit the bid now button on a ridiculously overpriced ebay auction, a company like Milani comes around and gives us not one, but FIVE reasonably priced alternatives!

Before we get this showdown on its way, let's talk about the difference between each brands formula. Hands down Chanel walks away with first prize for best application, which should be expected at $23 a pop, right? Since Milani's wasn't nearly as pigmented, you may need an additional coat to equal the higher end color.

Are you ready to get this rumble started?

Chanel Particuliere and Milani Teddy Bare

Besides Jade, a popular dupe request that I receive on a daily basis is for Chanel's Particuliere. It has just a touch of gray that sets it apart from similar colors. And trust me, I've came across more than a few to compare. In the end it's the same old story, just a microscopic difference.

The same goes with Milani's Teddy Bare. It's just a pinch darker with a Chanel-worthy kind of application. Perfect!

Milani Bare in Mind and Chanel Jade Rose

It's hard to tell by the swatch, but I was expecting Jade Rose to be a lot closer judging from the bottle pics. While Milani's Bare in Mind has the same pink shimmer, it lacks the beige base color compared to Chanel's and is more pink.

Chanel Orange Fizz and LA Sunset vs Milani Fashion Design

Fashion Design falls somewhere between L.A. Sunset and Orange Fizz. As you can see it's not exactly a dead on dupe for either color, but yet a "deeper" alternative to Orange Fizz.

Milani Truth or Bare and Chanel Inattendu

If you didn't want to take the neutral plunge for Chanel's version, Milani's Truth or Bare is a great dupe to test drive. It's very close; perhaps Inattendu is a bit lighter if anything.

Chanel Jade and Milani Dress Maker

One of my favorite steals from Milani, Dressmaker. If you missed the original dupe alert post, click here for a recap.

The Milani nail polishes are available at MilaniCosmetics.com and retails for $4.49/ea.

Now that you've seen the comparisons, will you be running out to get the next best thing or sticking to the original? Have a wonderful morning!

Regina said on Sep 1st, 2010 4:22 am
Great post! It's very helpful. I already have the Jordana (which is the same as the Milani Dressmaker) so I don't need the Chanel which is impossible to get a hand on. Thank you so much for this comparison!

Bethany said on Sep 1st, 2010 5:00 am
STEPH, can I tell you how much I missed your blogging!!!! For real, I am so HAPPY you're blogging again you totally made my day with this post!! and OMG everyone make sure you check out the Photo Gallery, I can't believe i never knew about it!!

Xay said on Sep 1st, 2010 5:02 am
I've never tried Milani, but I'm adoring Dressmaker. I think I need go to find a Milani retailer! :D Thanks!!

aaminahs mom said on Sep 1st, 2010 7:29 am
great post !!!great idea .this should be a regualr part of your updates(magazines do it) but its more vitual onscreen.wow so much money saved and availible for other colors--again FN great post!

Dee said on Sep 1st, 2010 7:44 am
Those are great dupes! I've always had good results from Milani, so I think I'll be looking for Dressmaker. I don't own any Chanel, and don't expect to either.

Carol said on Sep 1st, 2010 11:13 pm
Hi Steph, Thank you for the dupes. I want to get Dressmaker. I can't justify spending the price for Chanel. FYI Milani is sold at CVS stores around here.

auroragyps said on Sep 1st, 2010 11:19 pm
Managed to find not one, but TWO, bottles of Dressmaker for the green polish lover in me. Wouldn't have known it was a dupe if it wasn't for your post about it though, so thanks so much.

Deniz said on Sep 2nd, 2010 1:49 am
milani did a great job! =) thanks for this wonderful post! =)

Jackie S. said on Sep 2nd, 2010 6:23 pm
I have dressmaker, but I will definitely be running out and grabbing Teddy Bare! Great post!

rmcandlelight said on Sep 3rd, 2010 5:13 pm
Steph,

I have Confetti Heartthrob I'm wondering is it a close dupe of Chanel Jade Rose. If you have the confetti will you pls do a comparison? Thank you :)

Savannah said on Sep 4th, 2010 3:49 pm
Wow! Those are great dupes, I will have to find Dressmaker after I finish up my project 10 pan! xx

Mary said on Sep 4th, 2010 5:35 pm
I really appreciate you taking the time to swatch these comparisons. It's great that the nail-polish community tries to help each other find economical dupes. It's too bad that I don't have access to many Milani products at my local Canadian drugstores. I'll keep looking.

Shelly said on Sep 5th, 2010 11:18 pm
love the post, i missed your posts too Steph. Can i still get teddy bare? i checked walgreens and cvs and could not find it. oh and Bethany thanks mentioning the gallery, i never noticed it! good job steph the gallery is great.

jellynat said on Sep 6th, 2010 5:45 pm
Excellent article, Steph. Thank you for this. I realize I have all the dupes except for the orange and I don't own any of those Chanel. Maybe am I cheap after all.

applepark said on Sep 7th, 2010 12:29 am
Great comps!! Thanks for posting!

GwenSA said on Sep 7th, 2010 6:53 pm
Thanks for all your hard work showing these comparisons. I'd like to tell those eBay price gougers to take a hike, but I'm sure they wouldn't care. Milani isn't available around here so I order directly from their website.

Stephanie said on Sep 18th, 2010 7:36 am
lol, I had no idea Teddy Bare was a dupe! I was never into the famous P but when I saw Teddy Bare I really liked it. I ended up getting Milani Dressmaker and Bare it all because I wanted to see if it would dupe my Jade Rose. You're right, it doesn't. I've used almost a third of my bottle already and I think I need a backup! I love jade rose so much! :D I also picked up Paradoxal and I'd love to see Milani do a dupe for that (As a backup) crossing my fingers hehe.

mariposa said on Oct 15th, 2010 10:58 am
Thx for sharing this not every one can buy channel xoxo

Lori said on Jan 12th, 2011 8:09 pm
Will you be updating this page with more of the most recent colors?

Notice: Undefined variable: test in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 97

Notice: Undefined index: login_em in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 133
Comments

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_datetime - assumed 'comment_datetime' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 263

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 316

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 317

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: ny in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 320

Notice: Undefined variable: ul in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 321

2013

Notice: Undefined variable: lorem in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 393

Notice: Use of undefined constant site_path - assumed 'site_path' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 427

Mtv Chanel Nail Polish Limited Edition Collection Mac Cosmetics Review Giveaway Swatches Sephora China Glaze Opi Color Story Glitter Product Photos Dior Reviews Gray Nails Comparisons Beauty Sally Hansen Rescue Lounge Essie Summer Collection Fall Collection Revlon Nail Polish Of The Day Metallic Orange Loreal Yellow Green Blue Mac Pink Purple Red Brown Shimmer Product Review Sephora By Opi Wet N Wild Holiday Collection Silver Black White Notd Collection Reviews Sheer Glitters Layering Top Coat Gold Multi Color Holographic Spring Collection Icing Teal Fall 2009 Matte Creme Neutrals Nail Art Polka Dots Nail Comparisons Zoya Color Club Nubar Opaque Glitters Spring 2010 Summer 2010

Notice: Undefined variable: test in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 551

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/footer.tpl on line 7