Monday, October 18th, 2010

Hard Candy Halloween: Wicked, Mischief

Halloween Hard Candy Nail Polishes

This Halloween, Hard Candy introduces three limited edition glitters sold exclusively at select Walmart stores. Mischief - an orange glitter in a brown base, Wicked - a sliver glitter in a black base, and Zombie - a purple and pink glitter in a clear base.

Each color is packaged with a cute heart shaped metallic ring-- silver with Wicked, orange with Mischief, and purple with Zombie. The formula is thin, but definitely manageable with three coats.

First, I want to talk about a color discrepancy with Zombie and the reason it's not included in this post. The original version is marketed as a pink and purple glitter in a clear base, but what's actually on the shelves (at least in my area OH, KY) is a repackaged version of Hot Pants. If you find the original purple/pink combo, it's a keeper!

Hard Candy Wicked Nail Polish

Hard Candy Just Nails Halloween Colors

Wicked - is a black loaded down with silver glitter. It falls along the lines of Milani's Charmed with a good amount of silver glitter.

Hard Candy Mischief Nail Polish

Hard Candy Halloween Nail Colors

Mischief, just like her twin sis, Ick-a-bod-y, the orange glitter is in a murky greenish brown base. It applies a little streaky at first, but covers nicely with three coats.

Hard Candy and China Glaze Comparisons

I know it was on your mind, so here are the comparisons between Hard Candy and China Glaze. Mischief seems to have better coverage, but when it's all said and done - the outcome is pretty much the same.

The Halloween colors are available at select Walmart stores and retails for $5.00/ea. It's located in a special end cap along with other limited edition makeup exclusives.

Bottom Line, these are nice Halloween polishes if you can find them, but certainly don't kill yourself trying to track the limited edition display. Charmed, Cosmic, and Blackout are great substitutes for Wicked, and Ick-a-bod-y for Mischief.Hard Candy New Colors

Also coming to Walmart in October and November, four new colors including a sky blue pastel that started it all and rumored to be Space Cadet dupe. (L-R) Fabuluxe, Beetle, Sky and Mushroom.

Have you seen any new Hard Candy colors at Walmart? If so, which version of Zombie does your Walmart carry? Have a wonderful evening!

{Promo Image: Hard Candy}

Ashleigh said on Oct 18th, 2010 11:12 pm
I just bought Zombie today at my Walmart in Florida- it looks nothing like Hot Pants so I guess I got the 'good' version. it's tiny blue and fuchsia glitter in a clear base. Kind of looking like a dupe for wet n wild craze in glitz, but I haven't done a side by side comparison yet!

Jaimie said on Oct 19th, 2010 12:07 am
Hey Steph! I have a question for you. I don't know if you have this said anywhere because I looked and can't find it...but approximately how many polishes do you own and where do you store them all?? Jaimie

Steph said on Oct 28th, 2010 9:41 am
Hi Jaimie,
After 2,000 I stopped counting, but I'm guessing it's somewhere around the 3,000+ area. Storage has always been a BIG problem for me. Right now I'm using shoe box size pull out drawers, which is not practical for a large collection. Although I haven't purchased any Helmers from Ikea yet, I've heard they're a godsend.

Here is a preview of my current storage: http://twitpic.com/1tbqx0

Dee said on Oct 19th, 2010 8:46 am
I might have to make the trek to Walmart for some Mischief!

nihrida said on Oct 19th, 2010 9:38 am
Now this is just weird. I never felt anything special for ChG Ickabody, but I love Mischief. Hmmmm... wonder why. These all look awesome to me.

Arrianne said on Oct 19th, 2010 5:21 pm
Man, everyone's gonna come out with a dupe for Space Cadet.

Steph said on Oct 28th, 2010 9:54 am
Hi Arrianne,
I know, it's turning out to be the year of dupes!! This one is definitely the cheapest I've seen, so I guess that's a good thing!

hana said on Oct 20th, 2010 4:00 pm
I got Mischief the other day at Walmart and kept feeling sad that I hadn\'t gotten Zombie too (we had the real version), so I went back yesterday and grabbed it. They\'re both awesome colors! And they had the new colors in too, so I grabbed Beetle. It\'s pretty nice. I want to get Sky and the pink glittery one at some point too!

Jamie said on Oct 23rd, 2010 6:38 am
I found the Zombie at Walmart tonight, just a mere hour ago. It is actually not purple and pink, but purple and blue sparkles. Maybe in some light, it might turn pink like a duochrome. That would rock. There was a white glitter one too that I am going to go back and get. Hope it's still there! Forgot the name to look it up. Even at $5 a pop, it adds up when you buy several. I can't wait for that new one like Space Cadet! I have Space Cadet and it rocks. Expensive though!! I'm glad they FINALLY put some new ones out. I keep going back to check and it's always the same thing and they aren't selling when nothing new comes out.

Paula said on Oct 23rd, 2010 2:47 pm
Very cute! Everything is nice on your cute nails!

Kellie said on Nov 4th, 2010 7:16 am
The Walmart by my house has the "pale blue" color, but I didn't catch the name. But, no Space Cadet dupe!! I hope they get it in, because the other places by my house don't have a big selection of Orly!!

Steph said on Nov 4th, 2010 7:34 am
Hi Kellie,
My Walmart is the complete opposite, they had everything but the sky blue!! I'm almost certain these are non LE colors, but don't hold me to that lol!

Here are the names: Beetle (space cadet dupe), Fabuluxe (opaque magenta glitter), Mushroom (Chanel Particuliere), and they also have a matte top coat. Hopefully you find it soon!

Comments