Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 48

Notice: Use of undefined constant ban_ip - assumed 'ban_ip' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: login_em in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 70

Notice: Use of undefined constant unsubscribe - assumed 'unsubscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 91

Notice: Use of undefined constant unsubscribe - assumed 'unsubscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/config.php on line 280

Notice: Undefined variable: year in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 7

Notice: Undefined variable: month in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 11

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 12

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_headline - assumed 'blog_headline' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 16

Notice: Use of undefined constant category_name - assumed 'category_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 19

Notice: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: reply in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog - assumed 'blog' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: approve-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: delete-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Undefined index: edit-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant category_name - assumed 'category_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_admin in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_un in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: edit_blog_link in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 61

Notice: Undefined variable: body in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 62

Notice: Undefined variable: views in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/blog/show.tpl on line 125

Notice: Undefined variable: comment_block in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: approve-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 58

Notice: Undefined index: unsubscribe in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: edit-comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 105

Notice: Undefined variable: mid_admin in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 377

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_name - assumed 'comment_name' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 413

Notice: Undefined index: comment_name in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 413

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_email - assumed 'comment_email' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 414

Notice: Undefined index: comment_email in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 414

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_url - assumed 'comment_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 415

Notice: Undefined index: comment_url in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 415

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_notify - assumed 'comment_notify' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 417

Notice: Undefined index: comment_notify in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 417

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_comment - assumed 'comment_comment' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 419

Notice: Undefined variable: error_name in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 504

Notice: Undefined variable: error_email in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 506

Notice: Undefined variable: error_url in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 507

Notice: Undefined variable: comment_comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 509

Notice: Undefined variable: error_comment in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 510

Notice: Undefined variable: error_verify in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/comments.tpl on line 516
Hard Candy Halloween Just Nails: Mischief, Wicked
Notice: Undefined variable: page_image in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 221

Notice: Use of undefined constant link - assumed 'link' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant share - assumed 'share' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant reply - assumed 'reply' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant vote - assumed 'vote' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant subscribe - assumed 'subscribe' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 227

Notice: Use of undefined constant edit - assumed 'edit' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 245

Notice: Undefined variable: blog in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/index.php on line 369

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 6

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_ext - assumed 'advertising_ext' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 7

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 20

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_url - assumed 'advertising_url' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 28

Notice: Use of undefined constant advertising_ext - assumed 'advertising_ext' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 29

Notice: Undefined variable: success_message in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 40

Notice: Undefined variable: error_message in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 45

Notice: Use of undefined constant favorite_types - assumed 'favorite_types' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: favorite_types in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 61

Notice: Use of undefined constant search_text - assumed 'search_text' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 116

Notice: Undefined index: search_text in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 116

Notice: Undefined variable: tag in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/header.tpl on line 127

Monday, October 18th, 2010

Hard Candy Halloween: Wicked, Mischief

Halloween Hard Candy Nail Polishes

This Halloween, Hard Candy introduces three limited edition glitters sold exclusively at select Walmart stores. Mischief - an orange glitter in a brown base, Wicked - a sliver glitter in a black base, and Zombie - a purple and pink glitter in a clear base.

Each color is packaged with a cute heart shaped metallic ring-- silver with Wicked, orange with Mischief, and purple with Zombie. The formula is thin, but definitely manageable with three coats.

First, I want to talk about a color discrepancy with Zombie and the reason it's not included in this post. The original version is marketed as a pink and purple glitter in a clear base, but what's actually on the shelves (at least in my area OH, KY) is a repackaged version of Hot Pants. If you find the original purple/pink combo, it's a keeper!

Hard Candy Wicked Nail Polish

Hard Candy Just Nails Halloween Colors

Wicked - is a black loaded down with silver glitter. It falls along the lines of Milani's Charmed with a good amount of silver glitter.

Hard Candy Mischief Nail Polish

Hard Candy Halloween Nail Colors

Mischief, just like her twin sis, Ick-a-bod-y, the orange glitter is in a murky greenish brown base. It applies a little streaky at first, but covers nicely with three coats.

Hard Candy and China Glaze Comparisons

I know it was on your mind, so here are the comparisons between Hard Candy and China Glaze. Mischief seems to have better coverage, but when it's all said and done - the outcome is pretty much the same.

The Halloween colors are available at select Walmart stores and retails for $5.00/ea. It's located in a special end cap along with other limited edition makeup exclusives.

Bottom Line, these are nice Halloween polishes if you can find them, but certainly don't kill yourself trying to track the limited edition display. Charmed, Cosmic, and Blackout are great substitutes for Wicked, and Ick-a-bod-y for Mischief.Hard Candy New Colors

Also coming to Walmart in October and November, four new colors including a sky blue pastel that started it all and rumored to be Space Cadet dupe. (L-R) Fabuluxe, Beetle, Sky and Mushroom.

Have you seen any new Hard Candy colors at Walmart? If so, which version of Zombie does your Walmart carry? Have a wonderful evening!

{Promo Image: Hard Candy}

Ashleigh said on Oct 18th, 2010 11:12 pm
I just bought Zombie today at my Walmart in Florida- it looks nothing like Hot Pants so I guess I got the 'good' version. it's tiny blue and fuchsia glitter in a clear base. Kind of looking like a dupe for wet n wild craze in glitz, but I haven't done a side by side comparison yet!

Jaimie said on Oct 19th, 2010 12:07 am
Hey Steph! I have a question for you. I don't know if you have this said anywhere because I looked and can't find it...but approximately how many polishes do you own and where do you store them all?? Jaimie

Steph said on Oct 28th, 2010 9:41 am
Hi Jaimie,
After 2,000 I stopped counting, but I'm guessing it's somewhere around the 3,000+ area. Storage has always been a BIG problem for me. Right now I'm using shoe box size pull out drawers, which is not practical for a large collection. Although I haven't purchased any Helmers from Ikea yet, I've heard they're a godsend.

Here is a preview of my current storage: http://twitpic.com/1tbqx0

Dee said on Oct 19th, 2010 8:46 am
I might have to make the trek to Walmart for some Mischief!

nihrida said on Oct 19th, 2010 9:38 am
Now this is just weird. I never felt anything special for ChG Ickabody, but I love Mischief. Hmmmm... wonder why. These all look awesome to me.

Arrianne said on Oct 19th, 2010 5:21 pm
Man, everyone's gonna come out with a dupe for Space Cadet.

Steph said on Oct 28th, 2010 9:54 am
Hi Arrianne,
I know, it's turning out to be the year of dupes!! This one is definitely the cheapest I've seen, so I guess that's a good thing!

hana said on Oct 20th, 2010 4:00 pm
I got Mischief the other day at Walmart and kept feeling sad that I hadn\'t gotten Zombie too (we had the real version), so I went back yesterday and grabbed it. They\'re both awesome colors! And they had the new colors in too, so I grabbed Beetle. It\'s pretty nice. I want to get Sky and the pink glittery one at some point too!

Jamie said on Oct 23rd, 2010 6:38 am
I found the Zombie at Walmart tonight, just a mere hour ago. It is actually not purple and pink, but purple and blue sparkles. Maybe in some light, it might turn pink like a duochrome. That would rock. There was a white glitter one too that I am going to go back and get. Hope it's still there! Forgot the name to look it up. Even at $5 a pop, it adds up when you buy several. I can't wait for that new one like Space Cadet! I have Space Cadet and it rocks. Expensive though!! I'm glad they FINALLY put some new ones out. I keep going back to check and it's always the same thing and they aren't selling when nothing new comes out.

Paula said on Oct 23rd, 2010 2:47 pm
Very cute! Everything is nice on your cute nails!

Kellie said on Nov 4th, 2010 7:16 am
The Walmart by my house has the "pale blue" color, but I didn't catch the name. But, no Space Cadet dupe!! I hope they get it in, because the other places by my house don't have a big selection of Orly!!

Steph said on Nov 4th, 2010 7:34 am
Hi Kellie,
My Walmart is the complete opposite, they had everything but the sky blue!! I'm almost certain these are non LE colors, but don't hold me to that lol!

Here are the names: Beetle (space cadet dupe), Fabuluxe (opaque magenta glitter), Mushroom (Chanel Particuliere), and they also have a matte top coat. Hopefully you find it soon!

Notice: Undefined variable: test in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 97

Notice: Undefined index: login_em in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 133
Comments

Notice: Use of undefined constant comment_datetime - assumed 'comment_datetime' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 263

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 316

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 317

Notice: Use of undefined constant blog_date - assumed 'blog_date' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 318

Notice: Undefined variable: ny in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 320

Notice: Undefined variable: ul in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 321

2013

Notice: Undefined variable: lorem in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 393

Notice: Use of undefined constant site_path - assumed 'site_path' in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 427

Mtv Chanel Nail Polish Limited Edition Collection Mac Cosmetics Review Giveaway Swatches Sephora China Glaze Opi Color Story Glitter Product Photos Dior Reviews Gray Nails Comparisons Beauty Sally Hansen Rescue Lounge Essie Summer Collection Fall Collection Revlon Nail Polish Of The Day Metallic Orange Loreal Yellow Green Blue Mac Pink Purple Red Brown Shimmer Product Review Sephora By Opi Wet N Wild Holiday Collection Silver Black White Notd Collection Reviews Sheer Glitters Layering Top Coat Gold Multi Color Holographic Spring Collection Icing Teal Fall 2009 Matte Creme Neutrals Nail Art Polka Dots Nail Comparisons Zoya Color Club Nubar Opaque Glitters Spring 2010 Summer 2010

Notice: Undefined variable: test in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/menu.tpl on line 551

Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in /home/stephscl/public_html/blog/includes/templates/include/footer.tpl on line 7