Saturday, October 23rd, 2010

Sneak Peek: Avon Nailwear in Splendid Blue

Avon Splendid Blue Nail Polish

Avon Nailwear Pro Holiday Color

Glassy Fleck flnishes hold a special place in my heart, so it's no wonder that I'm excited about Avon's new Ultra Sparkle collection featuring two limited edition shades, Splendid Blue and Pink Radiance. Today I'm giving you a sneak peek at the gorgeous blue.

Splendid Blue ($5.00) is a medium blue loaded down with silver and a hint of turquoise micro glitter. The glitter isn't like your standard micro glitter. It's metallic particles resembling a glassy, foil like texture.

Don't mind my three coat application, because this is by far a two coater with excellent coverage and zero application issues. Avon's formula is Big 3 Free of formaldehyde, toluene and phthalates.

Check out a comparison swatch below.

Blue Nail Polish Comparisons

Even though the lighting makes all three look close, each color is different in their own way. The closest comparable I have is China Glaze Midnight Mission, except it's a much deeper shade of blue. Splendid Blue has just a touch of turquoise that keeps it lightened up.

Splendid Blue and Pink Radiance will launch in campaign 25 for a limited time only. The Nailwear Pro polishes retails between $3.99 - $5.00/ea.

Avon Splendid Blue Nail Polish

What do you think of Avon's Splendid Blue? Will you be checking out this color? Have a wonderful weekend!

Nancy said on Oct 24th, 2010 5:25 pm
This is sooo lovely, one of Avon's best by far!! Can't wait for this, do you know when it's available on the site?

Steph said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:26 am
Hi Nancy,
I don't have an exact date, but let me find out and let you know! :)

Stacy said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:32 am
I agree Nancy, it's certainly of one Avon's best nail colours!

Candi said on Oct 24th, 2010 5:26 pm
Hey Steph,
How do you paint your nails so perfectly... Please, please do a video...!!

Steph said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:24 am
Candi,
I know it's such a cliche, but practice makes perfect! After two years and hundreds of swatches later, I eventually caught on LOL! I promise a video is in the making! Give it a week or two :)

Mary said on Oct 24th, 2010 9:59 pm
I really love when you post a photo comparing the colour to others. It gives me a better idea as to whether or not I already have something similar in my collection. And as always, your nails are cute as a button! :) Gorgeous swatches!

makeup morsels said on Oct 25th, 2010 4:10 pm
ooh I think Splendid Blue is gorgeous. It looks very velvety :) quick question: what kind of brush do you use for cuticle cleanup?

Brandi said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:07 am
I would love to know this too, your paint job is always perfect!!

Steph said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:22 am
Hi Makeup Morsels and Brandi,
It's so much prettier in person! I'm actually VERY horrible at cleaning up my cuticles with a brush since I have very small nail beds, so I had no choice but to learn how to paint my nails perfectly. The only thing I use is a toothpick and soy nail polish remover, and I usually cleanup as I paint :)

Brooke said on Oct 26th, 2010 8:06 am
OMG this is soooo gorgeous!!! I just contacted my Avon Rep because I need this and she's only on campaign 22!! Ugggh, I can't wait! Thanks so much for the swatches!

Stregalice said on Oct 27th, 2010 1:39 pm
Thank you so much for posting this, you really saved me! I've ordered Splendid Blue but my rep hasn't delivered it yet and was *this* close to buy online Midnight Mission.

Steph said on Oct 28th, 2010 9:23 am
Hi Stregalice,
You're very welcome! Splendid Blue is much prettier in person, I know you'll love it!

Comments