Saturday, May 7th, 2011

OPI DS Original Holographic Nail Polish

OPI Designer Series Original Nail Polish

OPI Light Purple Holographic Nail Polish

She's been locked away in my vault of darkness far too long. She certainly needs no introduction, as most of you probably know her very well... Miss DS Original is her name, and she is a gorgeous purple holographic that comes to life in bright sunlight.

In the bottle DS Original looks like a glorious linear (straight line) holo, but when applied to the nail it breaks up into more of a scattered effect between OMG and Kaleidoscope, to give you an idea. Still beautiful nonetheless.

How about one more picture for the road?

OPI Original Nail Polish

Isn't she a beaut? Original is a discontinued shade from OPI's Designer Series line, but you can still find her lurking about.

Who was lucky enough to grab this before it was discontinued? Are you a fan of holographic finishes? Have a great night!

Mary said on May 9th, 2011 10:26 am
Gotta love a holographic! And this one's no exception.

Gorgeous swatches in the sun. Thanks for sharing!

Jamy said on May 9th, 2011 10:58 am
Your swatches and photography skills are killa! Lurve it!

Robin said on May 10th, 2011 11:42 am
This is really so pretty! But I can see it will require some effort to come off! That is why I steer clear of glitter tho my magpie self adores it!

Carol said on May 11th, 2011 8:04 pm
Love the color. It looks gorgeous on you.

Fiona said on May 22nd, 2011 12:31 pm
Holos are awesome! And I'm especially loving this one. Wow!

Kara said on May 23rd, 2011 12:10 pm
Oh man. It's going to cost so much to buy this. But I want it so bad. THOSE COLORS!

Britney said on Jun 9th, 2011 6:16 pm
I have a polish just like this but it's made by Sally Hansen and it has no problem coming off. If it's getting stuck in your cuticles make sure you wipe towards the tips of your nails when you take the polish off instead of towards you.

Kat said on Jul 31st, 2011 7:40 pm
That nail polish looks so fun! -Kat

hob said on Sep 1st, 2011 7:34 pm
you have like the most unflattering nails ever.... I'm sorry to be mean but it's true!

Karaisoke said on Sep 15th, 2011 11:21 pm
So by unflattering, I assume you mean nails that are natural and not 8" long? Not everyone likes that over sized, false, plastic look. By that I mean some people have taste.

Moe said on May 14th, 2012 11:10 am
I VOTE to see hob's nails! Come on let's put ur azz on a pedastal and judge you!!! I bet, no, I know for a FACT you couldn't handle your own criticism!

Anon said on Sep 15th, 2011 3:46 pm
Wow hob, way to be a douche. Regardless of your own personal opinion, maybe you should keep shitty comments to yourself.

sbj said on May 13th, 2012 12:39 am
What is wrong with hob??? Who wries a comment like that? WOW. What a piece of work.

Comments