Monday, August 15th, 2011

Comparison, Swatches: Nina Ultra Pro in Glamrock

Nina Ultra Pro Nail Polish Glamrock

Nina Glamrock Nail Polish

Happy Monday! Did everyone have a fabulous weekend? For the last couple weeks I've been terribly sick with a case of the summer flu, but I'm starting to feel much better now. Thank you for all your emails and get well wishes, it really helped me through!

Let's start off today with a fresh new color from Nina Ultra Pro called, Glamrock. It's a super blingy,  silver glitter suspended in a deep gray-charcoal base with silver glitter and small silver hexagon pieces floating throughout. The formula was chunky and on the thick side, but trust me, it's totally worth it!

Are you ready for a comparison?

Nina Glamrock Comparisons

Glamrock does indeed have a close sibling - and it's a good one too! Ever since Nicole's Nickel was released this past Spring at Target, I've worn it countless times. I absolutely adore it! So, if you missed out on this target exclusive, now's your chance to grab at almost half the cost.

There's only once small difference between the two. Nicole's Nickel has a lighter base color while Glamrock is a deeper, almost charcoal base with better color payoff. What's not to love? Great price, Great coverage?!

Nina Ultra Pro in Glamrock is available at Sally Beauty and retails for $4.49/ea or $3.79 if you're a Beauty Club Card Holder.

What do you think of Glamrock? Have you picked up any new colors from Nina Ultra Pro? Have a wonderful night!

thalie@GlazedTalons said on Aug 16th, 2011 7:58 am
I almost bought Nicole's Nickel last night,but I was in a hurry and on my way to pick up my husband. Now I am glad I didn't buy it. Thank you for this comparison!

Shelly said on Aug 16th, 2011 11:45 am
I like it! Very pretty, on my way to Sally's!

Swatch And Learn said on Aug 16th, 2011 12:50 pm
I have Nicole's Nickel and loved how blingtastic it was, so of course I also like Glamrock! :) I just wish the formula was thinner and less chunky...but at least the colour is spectacular! :D

Thanks for swatching it and showing a side-by-side comparison!

robin said on Aug 16th, 2011 3:16 pm
glad you are feeling better! love this color and will remember it for my next trip to Sally! Thank you!

Sandy said on Aug 16th, 2011 5:14 pm
Take good care of yourself - summer flu is no fun! I purchased Glamrock and absolutely love it! It\'s so blingy and fun! Thank you!

Katie said on Aug 16th, 2011 9:01 pm
Hope you feel a lot better!

This polish is spectacular! So pretty!

Rachel said on Aug 16th, 2011 10:18 pm
Hey Steph! OMG I'm so happy you're back! You rock and so does this color! Love it!

Nagellackprinzessin said on Aug 19th, 2011 9:12 am
Hi steph, I'm a big fan of you! I browsed the german milani site today an found your pictures and they even embedded your youtube video in their shop

Here's the link: http://www.milani-cosmetics.de/all/naegel/neon-3d-holografie/3d-holographic-nail-lacquer

Carol said on Aug 21st, 2011 7:27 pm
Hope you are feeling 100% now.

LOVE this color.

Simone (Totalmente Exagerada!) said on Aug 27th, 2011 12:35 pm
Parecidíssimos, lindos!!! Beijos.

DesertNails8 said on Aug 27th, 2011 3:31 pm
I've got this color on now. It's a dazzler especially in sunlight. Glad to read you're feeling better.

Karen Mom said on Sep 1st, 2011 4:38 pm
love your site keep up the good work

amy bbrown said on Sep 5th, 2011 10:22 pm
I went out and bought this today... LOVE it!!!!

Sanjay said on May 17th, 2012 7:13 am