Wednesday, June 17th, 2009

New Nail Colors: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear

Sally hansen Xtreme wear nail polish

Happy Hump Day! Hope your having a wonderful Wednesday afternoon! Today I'm bringing you eight lovely colors from Sally Hansen's Xtreme wear line that I picked up.

In Sally Hansen's new display, you'll find around twenty or so Xtreme wear shades marked with a pewter chrome cap. Some colors are new, and others are previous or current shades.

Where can I find these? Check your nearest Walgreens. Since these are brand spankin new, displays may not hit for another week or so.

And, on to the swatches.

Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow Nail Polish

Mellow Yellow, a light yellow creme that applied like most normal yellow's. Much lighter than Lightening and Lemon Dash.

Sally Hansen Green With Envy Nail Polish

Green with Envy, a lime green creme. A lighter version of Lickety Split Lime from the Insta Dri line. A great alternative at half the cost.

Sally Hansen Sun Kissed nail polish

Sun Kissed, a vibrant orange creme.

Sally Hansen Blue me away nail polish

Blue me Away, bright sky blue creme. A deeper version of Brisk Blue that's not as bright. Another great alternative for half the price.

Sally Hansen Ivy League nail polish

Ivy League is really gorgeous. An apple green with gold shimmer.

Sally Hansen Rockstar Pink glitter

Multi colored glitter nail polish

Rockstar Pink is a fabulous multi pink glitter. Red, Pink, Purple, Blue glitter in a clear base.

Sally Hansen Strobe Light nail polish

Pink and Silver Holo glitter nail polish

Strobe Light, pink and silver holographic glitter in a clear base.

Sally Hansen Shooting Star nail polish

Light Blue with Pastel colored glitter

Shooting Star, very light blue base with green, pink, blue pastel glitter.

Sally Hansen Glitter under Black nail polish

Here's an example of the glitters with a black base underneath.

And a few more colors that I just added:

Sally Hansen Celeb City nail polish

Silver Foil nail polish swatch

Just Added Celeb City, a foiltastic opaque silver that has great coverage, even with one coat.

Sally Hansen VIP Pink nail polish swatch

Just Added VIP Pink, a sheer light pink jelly with pink and silver shimmer.

Sally Hansen Ocean View nail polish

Just Added Ocean View, a gorgeous ocean blue with shimmer.

Sally Hansen Red Carpet nail polish

Just Added Red Carpet, an opaque red loaded with red glitter.

Sally Hansen Xtreme wear should be available this week and retails around $2.99/ea. Have a fabulous day!

Tags: sally hansen, xtreme wear, nails, nail polish, swatches, beauty

Posted by Steph at 05:23:am
views / 27 comments

Lizzy said on Jun 17th, 2009 8:31 am
Ooooh I like all of these. I think since it's my birthday I'll treat myself to a few tomorrow, Walgreens here I come.

augusta said on Jun 17th, 2009 9:22 am
i was wondering why walgreens and cvs were have a clearance on the old hard as nails line.. they've made a new version! i love the new colors-especially the last pic with the black layered with rockstar pink and strobe light. do you know if they are big three free?

Dee said on Jun 17th, 2009 10:10 am
Gee, I'll be looking for those glitters.

lachelle said on Jun 18th, 2009 12:06 pm
OMG, I need those in my life! I was just at the grocery store today looking at the X-Treme wear polishes, wondering why there wasnt more colors...

rijaH said on Jun 18th, 2009 1:24 am
Holy s... i love those glitters! They are so pretty.. me want ;D

bree said on Jun 18th, 2009 1:12 am
OH MY! I'm shocked! These are GORGEOUS! Way to go, Sally Hansen! This entire collection (well, at least these 8) are just begging to be snatched up. And my jaw just dropped at Rock Star Pink-- I swear my first nail polish ever as a wee little kindergartener back in the'80s was that exact glitter combo! I've had dreams about that mix of colour glitters my older cousin carefully applied on my little hands... MUST BUY!! Lovely! Thanks for the superb swatches!

Sanna said on Jun 18th, 2009 1:53 am
oooh I like them all! It sucks that we don't have SH over here!!!

Steph said on Jun 21st, 2009 8:02 am
Hi Lizzy, Happy Birthday darlin! Nothing better than treating yourself! :) Hi Augusta, Thanks so much! Absolutely, All Sally Hansen's nail polishes are all Big 3 free. Hi Dee, The glitters are a definite must! Hi Lachelle, I know! You def need those! :) Hi Rijah, The glitters are hot! Hi Bree, Your so welcome! Aren't they the bomb?! Love them! Hi Sanna, Awww, that does suck!! :(

Recessionista said on Jun 26th, 2009 1:16 am
My readers are LOVING these swatches to see what the colors look like on--thank you so much for this review! Your pics are freaking *gorgeous* and they make me want every single bottle. :)

Steph said on Jun 26th, 2009 10:47 am
Hi Recessionista, Awww, thanks for the link darlin, your sweet! xoxo!

Samantha said on Jun 29th, 2009 7:14 am
Wow! There\'s a display at my Walgreen\'s with the new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear\'s. I see that they changed up the formula of Mellow Yellow (I have the white cap one with the sort of icy-yellow feel, but I want Mellow Yellow 2 (the one on your nails)), and slightly on Gunmetal. I was thinking of passing up Celeb City, but on your nails (and me throwing out my old Salon \'Shooting Star\'), I think I may just get this foil-tastic polish. I have the Ivy League color. It totally clashes with my skin, but it\'s so beautiful I just can\'t throw it out for the life of me.

Michelle said on May 12th, 2010 2:28 am
I know how you feel about Ivy League. Sun Kissed looks awful on me but it's such a nice colour in the bottle/ on every one else, I keep it hoping that maybe if I get a bit of a tan I can pull it off.

Megan said on Jul 8th, 2009 3:19 am
I really want the Silver foil one, underneath the pic of the Celeb City. Is Silver Foil the polish color? Or is that what several coats of Celeb City will do? Great look! Love the colors!

Tori said on Jul 9th, 2009 2:05 am
Wow! I have to have blue me away and green with envy!

Trisha said on Aug 1st, 2009 6:01 pm
Thanks for showing us all of the colors! I just bought "Strobe Light" and layered it over a coral color. I can't wait to try it with a black base though!

Ashley said on Sep 14th, 2009 1:33 pm
I just ordered Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in the following colours: Mellow Yellow VIP Pink Cherry Red Emerald City Marine Scene Purple Potion I am so excited to get them in the mail next week! After seeing this article and what some of the colours actually look like on real nails, I am amazed!

Trepid said on Nov 29th, 2009 2:19 pm
Stunning nails!

Starr said on Dec 7th, 2009 5:03 pm
I bought Green with envy and strobe lights at CVS like two weeks ago ON SALE i think im gonna go back and look for rock star pink and blue me away love those two colors the most but all of them are really hot

Mikki said on May 14th, 2010 3:21 am
I love love LOVE nail polish & I have a few of these colors...I really need Rockstar Pink, Shooting Star, Ivy League & Sun Kissed...I saw a girl buying Ivy League today...that's what prompted me to look it up & show my bestie :) Eeps, I'm rambling lol

Samantha said on May 27th, 2010 9:56 pm
I just bought the Envy Green and the Blue Me Away today!! I'm wearing them right noW!! i love them!!! i completely recommend them.

Dawn said on Oct 19th, 2010 4:06 am
OK...I know I am WAY behind as most of these comments were made quite some time ago. I just want to make my comments for the benefit of anyone seeking information about this line of polish. I am happy to say that I have almost all of the colors n the XTreme nails line and although I LOVE the colors, I am not at all in love with the quality of the polish itself. Most of he poishes chip VERY easily and certainly don't last past 2 days. Rockstar which I LOVE SO MUCH is the most difficult polish to take off EVER! It takes a WHOLE lotta elbow grease to remove those sparkles, especially if you have done multiple layers. YIKES! However, for $1.49, which is what I paid, I guess I got what I paid for!

Idol lash said on Mar 4th, 2011 6:22 am
I loved the SHADES!

Jane said on Jun 12th, 2011 8:16 pm
Why is it that when you make a color that looks good with everything you decide to stop making. The color #73 Elegent cognac was the best color ever. Please bring it back.

Rock Star Pink Chick said on Jun 25th, 2011 7:31 pm
Hey there! was wondering if someone who has used the sparkly nail polish could help me...i put it on a week ago, 2 coats, however I can not remove it now, I have tried nailpolish remover and scrubbed for 5 minutes on one nail, however I can't get it off! Great nailpolish, looks amazing however would be even better if I could get it off!! let me know if someone has a solution!! Thanks

Steph said on Jun 25th, 2011 9:07 pm
Hi Rock Star Pink Chick,
First, make sure you are using pure acetone when removing glitter nail polishes. There are a few successful ways in removing glitter, I have best luck with the foil method. What you'll need: Aluminum Foil, Acetone Remover and Cotton Balls.
1. Soak a cotton ball in pure acetone remover.
2. Place wet cotton ball directly against the nail.
3. Wrap a piece of foil around your finger so the wet cotton ball is firmly pressed against the nail.
4. Wait 5-8 minutes before removing the foil.
Repeat process for each nail. If all goes well, everything should come off with no problems!

Rock Star Pink Chick said on Jun 25th, 2011 10:42 pm
Thanks so much Steph! Just finished and I got it all off thanks for your advice!!!!!!

mark said on May 3rd, 2012 6:10 pm
Hi, I'm a guy who loves to wear nail polish. I love the sally hansen extreme line, good polish! Its just as good as OPI in my opinion. There is a color that I wanted of the extreme line which is the "bubblegum". But its a shimmer, do u think sally hansen will ever come out with a bubblegum frost?

Comments